- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please submit your application at the following link: http://tideline.applytojob.com/apply/rM4rXu/Research-Analyst.html
Research Analyst, Tideline
Role: Research Analyst
Term: Contract (6 months) with possibility for full-time
Type: Early career
Location: San Francisco Bay Area (or possibly New York City)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: October 23, 2015
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to institutions developing impact investment strategies, products and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, we offer strategic advice, market research and intelligence, investment program and product design, philanthropic and grant-making strategies, thought leadership and custom research, impact measurement and evaluation, and change management and capacity building. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a team of seven people led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an individual early in his or her career with an interest in impact investing, philanthropy, and/or consulting. The Research Analyst will have an opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects, primarily to help with the research required to inform findings and recommendations, as well as to assist in the production of client materials. Clients include prominent financial and philanthropic institutions.
The Research Analyst position is initially a temporary assignment anticipated to last six months from late October through the end of March. There may be opportunity for a permanent position at the end of this period, though this is subject to the business’s needs and client demand. Candidates should be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, though candidates based in New York City will also be considered.
Core responsibilities include:
- Perform research and analysis to support client projects, including literature reviews, creating summaries of findings, participating in expert interviews, etc.
- Support creation of client materials, particularly in PowerPoint
- Support creation of materials for business development and internal purposes
- Support preparations for and participate in team meetings
- Ensure research process and materials are organized
The ideal candidate has experience in research, writes well, and has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition. Tideline is a fast-growing firm working with some of the most important institutions in impact investing and delivering work of the highest quality. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The small team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years relevant experience preferred in research, writing, and/or data management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please submit your application at http://tideline.applytojob.