- Endeavor Global
- New York, New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please apply via the Workable portal.
- Where to Apply
Endeavor Global seeks a New York-based Associate to join Endeavor Insight, a research consulting team that studies entrepreneurship and develops thought leadership in markets around the world. The Associate will assist on client-sponsored research projects and support the department’s operations. Their clients include philanthropies, multilateral agencies, and corporations who support studies in markets that range from sub-Saharan Africa, to Middle America, to Eastern Europe.
– Assist on research projects from data collection to publication. This is your chance to:
– Build in-depth knowledge on entrepreneurial companies and founders from around the world by gathering data, conducting outreach and interviews, and researching trends.
– Join a team of researchers, learners, and data geeks to understand business dynamics in global markets and various sectors.
– Support a rigorous process of planning, drafting, and publishing research reports that use clear writing and compelling data visualizations to inform high-profile policymakers and funders.
Support research operations and departmental processes. This is your chance to:
– Coordinate research activities with international research assistants and interns to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data that is used for analysis.
– Create communications such as e-newsletters and social media posts to share their research with a wide range of decision makers.
– Support the team’s efforts to meet client deadlines, track project details, and improve efficiencies in their research processes.
– Assist with identifying and contacting potential clients that include major philanthropies, government agencies, and corporate sponsors.
Great candidates for this role will:
– Bring intellectual curiosity and the ability to distill large amounts of information.
– Have experience collecting, cleaning and analyzing data in Excel, and enjoy learning new analytical skills.
– Enjoy speaking with professionals from around the world and be a natural collaborator with team members across time zones and cultures.
– Have strong organizational skills to work on multiple project priorities and meet deadlines.
– Strive for perfection in their writing, with an eye for catching typos.
– Have a Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, economics, international policy, or a related field, with 1-2 years of research experience.
In addition, an ideal candidate will:
– Be familiar with Adobe InDesign, WordPress, MailChimp, and/or social media platforms.Code in HTML, SQL, and/or Python, with a willingness to learn more.
– Have professional experience in a consulting, communications, or applied research setting.
– Have international experience and a familiarity with different cultures.
Must be eligible to live and work in the United States. Must be based in the New York area and be willing to work on location in the New York City office within 2 months of office reopening, expected summer 2021. Endeavor Global seeks candidates who align with their values:
– Entrepreneur First: You are mission-oriented and believe in Endeavor’s model to change the world through high-impact entrepreneurship.
– Go Big: You are someone whose curiosity drives them to dream (and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its offerings.
– Network of Trust: You are great with people! You naturally build and maintain relationships with key players and have the superior interpersonal skills needed to build trust.
– Pay It Forward: You are someone with a service-oriented attitude, who asks “What can I do?” before asking “What can I get?”
– One Endeavor: You are comfortable working across cultures and will thrive on working with colleagues in over 30 different countries around the world.
What they offer:
– A dynamic work environment with a highly collaborative team.
– Opportunities to learn new research and data analysis skills.
– Access to international networks of entrepreneurs.
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits including paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, and retirement plan with employer matching.
About Endeavor Insight
Endeavor Insight is the research division of Endeavor, a non-profit organization that supports fast-growing entrepreneurs across the world. Their work is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Techstars, the Kauffman Foundation and other organizations that promote entrepreneurship. Recent publications include Middle America’s Competitive Advantages in Entrepreneurship that promotes job creation in the Midwest (endeavor.org/ma-cae), and Fostering Productive Entrepreneurship communities that explores scaling tech companies in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia (endeavor.org/fpec). Their research has been featured in the Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch, the Miami Herald, Crains, and other publications.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that clearly describes why you are interested in the role and highlights your most relevant experience. This is your chance to show them what makes you a great researcher with attention to detail. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Endeavor Insight is also hiring a Senior Associate. Follow this link to view that position: https://apply.workable.com/endeavor-talent/j/A2101FECEB/