- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing.
Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances.
The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to the sector. The various program areas of the GIIN, including Membership, Fund Manager Training, IRIS and ImpactBase, are described in detail on our website: www.thegiin.org.
The GIIN has had a focused Research program in place for three years. We create and disseminate research focused on bridging knowledge gaps in the market and highlighting innovative and sound practice. Key research themes include market trends, financial performance, and impact measurement in impact investing.
The program has experienced significant growth and positive market feedback. As a result, we are looking to enhance our capacity by bringing on board a high caliber Research Manager.
By working within and managing project teams comprising both GIIN staff as well as external researchers, the Research Manager will:
• Help shape the GIIN’s research agenda by engaging in the development of programmatic strategy and pipeline that maximizes value to GIIN stakeholders and target audiences
o Monitor developments both within the GIIN and the market more broadly to inform the GIIN’s research strategy and agenda
• Execute on this agenda by engaging in all steps of the research process – conception, design, data collection, analysis, drafting, and dissemination – in an organized, collaborative, and resourceful manner
• Drive efficient completion of research projects, including by:
o Effectively managing projects by developing resilient workplans, delegating and empowering appropriately, and executing own responsibilities to a high standard
o Designing, and overseeing the implementation of, primary and secondary data collection methods as appropriate to the project
o Conducting, and overseeing the execution of, high quality quantitative and qualitative data analysis
o Drafting, and overseeing the development of, engaging and compelling research reports and other output products
• Craft multipronged dissemination plans and execute dissemination events that can inform and influence the work of practitioners in a meaningful way
• Manage at least one Research Associate and support her/his professional development and success
• Support development efforts, including providing inputs on proposals and drafting progress reports
• Additional responsibilities as needed
The Manager must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism. The Manager must also be adaptive, collaborative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Experience in high-growth organizations would be advantageous, but not required.
• Strong conviction that investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges, and a demonstrated interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and/or related fields
• A sound understanding of, and interest in, the world of investing and capital markets, including the roles and interests of different investor types
• At least eight years of work experience in a relevant field: (impact) investing, management consulting, impact measurement, practitioner-oriented business/investing research
• High quality fundamental research skills, including the ability to conduct rigorous data analysis and to write high quality reports
• A demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, requiring the ability to seamlessly switch between different parts of the brain and engage different skill sets as needed
• Comfort with both executing research and overseeing execution by others, including via managing project teams across organizations and time zones
• The ability to represent the Research team and the GIIN with, and to cultivate and manage relationships with, high-level stakeholders in the impact investing ecosystem
• Experience managing highly driven and ambitious direct reports towards success by providing appropriate levels of independence, guidance and coaching
• An initiative taker, with a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, and good humor
This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 29, 2016.
State “Research Manager_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.