Risk Manager – Global
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Contact: Liz Karageorgosjobsemail@example.comPlease type “Risk Mgr. Global” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Risk Mgr. Global – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
1. Underwriting Guidance
a. Work proactively with regional lending teams on a pipeline of transactions requiring approval at the Global level
b. Provide objective guidance to ensure risks are adequately identified and addressed via sound underwriting and credit structuring.
2. Credit Approvals
a. Review and approve new loans and modifications to existing loans as a senior credit approver to ensure sound credit decisions that are in compliance with credit policies and procedures.
b. Ensure timeliness and quality of review and approval to achieve sound risk management while also delivering high quality customer service.
3. Portfolio Management
a. Work closely with regional risk managers to oversee borrower performance monitoring to ensure timely identification of potential problems and accurate risk ratings.
b. Actively participate in ongoing reviews of problem loan portfolio.
c. Provide guidance and/or participate in collections and workout activity as needed to support regional collections and workout teams.
4. Credit Policy and Procedures
a. Participate in the department’s ongoing work of continuous improvement to credit policy and procedures.
b. Proactively identify credit areas requiring new or updated policies and procedures.
5. Lending Staff Training
a. Work with the Chief Credit Officer, Regional Risk Managers, and SVP Lending to develop and deliver relevant credit and risk management training as needed to regional lending staff to ensure sound underwriting and compliance with policies and procedures
a. Provide leadership around credit risk management to ensure a sound risk culture.
b. As a member of Root Capital’s Leadership Team, participate in related meetings and initiatives.
Other tasks or projects as assigned.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor Degree required. Finance related studies, including commercial credit training, a plus.
· Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in commercial lending or related financial services; experience in SME lending preferred. Agricultural lending experience a plus.
· Outstanding financial analysis skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders across multiple geographies.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Strong training and mentoring skills.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (currently estimated at about 10% -20%).
· Spanish oral and written fluency required. French fluency a plus.
· Passion for Root Capital’s mission of socially and environmentally responsible investing in developing countries.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.