Sales and Marketing Fellow
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Job Description: BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as Sales and Marketing Fellow in Kenya. The Fellow will work closely with our VP of Sales and our sales team and will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
1. Help grow customers within our existing retail, MFI, export, and corporate channels.
2. Develop new distribution channels and institutional partnerships, specifically by designing our strategy for large-scale distribution and financing.
3. Work with Sales Reps on areas of professional development.
4. Plan and conduct marketing events with our team of 20 activators
5. Consult with VP Sales and Marketing on sales strategy for export.
6. Help develop internal systems for new Direct Sales team. Help develop strategy for new Direct Sales team.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills
2. High level of comfort working with clients
3. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
4. Consumer product sales experience
5. Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
DURATION: 6 – 12 months
International Travel, accommodation, and stipend are provided.
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Sales and Marketing Fellow Application”