- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 350,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN intends to double sales by the end of 2018. We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Sales Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales team and will work closely with the VP Sales. The fellow will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
1. Develop, along with VP if Sales, processes and systems for sales department to run more efficiently and scale.
2. Help grow existing wholesale customers of BURN within retail, MFI, and corporate channels through supporting Sales Executives by developing specific sales strategies.
3. Work directly with VP Sales on new market entry & strategy for new export markets.
4. Work with Sales Execs on professional development and capacity building. Such as trainings on: selling techniques, negotiations strategy, IT, etc. Build sales team capacity by implementing a CRM (Customer
Relationship Management) and/or integrating CRM into an ERP system.
5. Strategize, plan, and implement new product launches with VP of Sales and sales team.
6. Support VP of Sales on operations and office work.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
3. Process oriented; experience developing processes and systems.
4. High level of comfort working with B2B clients and a team of outside Sales Executives.
5. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
6. Consumer product experience (durable goods ideal).
7. Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
DURATION: 6 – 12 months
• International Travel, accommodation, and stipend are provided.
• To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Sales Fellow Application”