- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
We’re in search of a fellow with the right combination of initiative, organizational skills, and sales know-how to help us grow. BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as Fellow in our Sales Department in Kenya. The Fellow will work closely with our VP of Sales and our sales team; they will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
1. Help grow existing wholesale customers of BURN within retail, MFI, and corporate channels through supporting sales executives in developing specific sales strategies.
2. Support Sales Executives to develop new distribution channels and institutional partnerships, specifically by designing our strategy for large-scale distribution and financing.
3. Work directly with VP Sales on market entry & sales strategy for new and emerging export markets.
4. Work with Sales Execs on professional development and Sales Team capacity building. Such as trainings on selling techniques, negotiations strategy, IT, etc. Help support Sales Team capacity building through implementing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and/or integrating CRM into an ERP system.
5. Strategize, plan, and implement new product launches with sales team and VP of Sales.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
3. High level of comfort working with B2B clients and a team of Sales Executives.
4. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
5. Consumer product sales experience.
6. Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
DURATION: 6 – 12 months
• International Travel, accommodation, and stipend are provided.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Sales Fellow Application”
BURN Manufacturing USA LLC designs, manufactures and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 350,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intends to double sales by the end of 2018. We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Sales Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales team and will work closely with the VP Sales.