- Little Sun
- (Berlin, Germany, 40hrs/week with frequent national and international travel)
- Job Type
- Contact Information
- Ulrike Maichel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Sun is a social business and global project founded by artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen to get clean, reliable, affordable energy to the 1.1 billion people in the world living in off-grid areas without electricity. We produce solar products and distribute them worldwide, using the funds generated through sales in areas with electricity (on-grid areas) to make solar energy available to our partners in off-grid areas at locally affordable prices.
Our first product, the Little Sun solar LED lamp, is sold all over the world (more than 400.000 units so far). Our second product, the Little Sun Charge, a solar-powered phone charger, was introduced this year and we will launch more products in 2017.
Little Sun seeks a highly motivated Sales Manager to join the sales team to contribute to the success of our global project by driving sales in the Global North (Europe, North America, etc.).
The job will mainly consist of developing solid sales and distribution channels and we are looking for someone who is passionate, possesses strong organisational skills and understands how to turn our great story into sales in a creative and engaging way.
• identifying, building, and maintaining suitable distribution channels and markets in accordance with overall strategy and sales targets
• preparing and realising all sales activities independently, including managing daily inbound and outbound sales
• tracking daily activity, monitoring and analysing sales figures for the successful evaluation and on-going optimisation of our sales strategy
• working closely with all other departments (marketing, logistics, finance, etc.) making sure everyone is kept up-to-date with relevant developments
• attending selected trade shows and events nationally and internationally
• ideally 5+ years of experience in a similar position
• a university degree or professional training in sales, economics or a related field
• complete fluency in written and spoken German and English is essential. Other languages such as French or Spanish are a plus.
• strong organisational skills and the ability to deal with a rapidly shifting workload
• excellent verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for communicating with many different types of customers and partners
• a proactive, professional, positive attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
• a flexible schedule and comfortable with occasional travelling and weekend work
• excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• experience with sales related accountancy
What we offer:
• an exciting, international, and creative work environment
• a challenging sales position with a lot of freedom and room for being proactive
• the possibility to grow with an innovative project and team
• a nice office in the centre of Berlin
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com. We would like to fill the position as soon as possible and will therefore continuously review applications and invite candidates for interviews.
If you like to add something personal to your application like a video message, a good recipe, your favourite song or similar – we would love to receive it! Please make sure that your email is not bigger than 10MB though.