Sales Manager, Uganda
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Job Description: BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017. We are looking for a sales expert to drive our sales expansion into Uganda. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales for East Africa.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Strategy: Help develop and present the Sales and Marketing strategy for Uganda sales expansion.
• Business Development: Develop new sales channels & wholesale clients.
• Management: Manage up to 10 person Sales and Activation Team.
• Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships. Work with distributors to develop their sales strategy & grow their sales.
• Marketing: Working with our VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing to develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive end consumer demand of our products.
• Forecasting: Assist in sales forecasting; develop and track the budget for country sales/marketing.
• Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the Senior Management team and Board of Directors highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
• New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and country specific needs and wants.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 4 years sales experience, preferably in Consumer Durable Goods.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
• High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
• Experience developing new distribution channels, creating end-consumer demand, & managing sales teams
• An ability to laugh and tackle the challenges that come with working in a new market!
Desired start date: Q3 2017
Salary is commensurate with experience.