Sales & Marketing Director
- Ongeza Tanzania Ltd
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Ongeza is a social enterprise creating a sustainable and scalable model that reaches the last mile to rural customers. Ongeza’s own sales force sell directly to rural customers products which save money, increase income or improve quality of life. Ongeza sources the best products, including but not limited to solar lights, efficient stoves, agricultural equipment and inputs, water solutions and transportation equipment. Ongeza currently reaches 50,000 households with an established plan for further growth.
The Sales & Marketing Director will run the company’s sales and marketing departments. Sales and marketing are key to Ongeza’s success and the Sales & Marketing Director will build the team and lead it in these areas. S/he will be an integral part of senior management and help formulate and implement the business strategy.
An ideal candidate will:
* Manage sales and marketing departments and all related staff. Insure department meets sales targets.
* Design and implement sales and marketing strategy including sales campaigns throughout the year.
* Budgeting and Profit & Loss responsibilities for sales and marketing departments.
* Grow sales team and revenue through district and sales officer improvements and district explanations.
* Identify, market test and launch new products.
* Build a results-oriented culture.
* Work directly with CEO on business growth and strategy.
An ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum ten years work experience in the area of sales and marketing with a minimum of five years of senior management experience.
* Strong analytics skills and experience with creative problem solving.
* Experience working with rural populations, desired but not essential.
* Proven track record of growing and leading a team while setting and meeting goals.
* MBA or equivalent education/experience.
* Experience working in East Africa, preferably in Tanzania.
* Fluency in Swahili, desired but not essential.
* Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a start-up environment.
* Passion to work with rural and base of the pyramid customers.
Minimum two year’s commitment, full-time job.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.