San Francisco Community Manager

Organization
SecondMuse
Location
San Francisco
Job Type
Full-time
Contact Information
careers@secondmuse.com
Tags
Full-time

We are looking for a Community Manager to play a key role in the San Francisco, California based office. The work will involve a combination of communications and community engagement across a portfolio of programs. Initially, the Community Manager will support the implementation of two innovation programs, 1) a multi-year initiative to accelerate innovations for youth wellbeing, and 2) an innovation challenge to convene the food system around a 2050 vision.

 

Link to application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WSTCfpZSfRwMhcNOm4X7kmdkUPn8M0LT8gyGuPVX6Ng/edit?ts=5c7d5d34#

The work will involve a combination of communications and community engagement across a portfolio of programs.

Additional Information

About SecondMuse:
Build 21st century economies with us!

SecondMuse has been at the vanguard of global innovation for over a decade, working with visionary cities, governments, organizations and startups to build financially meaningful and self-sustaining economic systems—what we call “lasting economies.” At the core of our economies are communities and networks, not goods and services. We successfully build economies across borders, industries and mandates because we put people first.

Over the past decade, we’ve used this approach to engage 200,000 participants, including 13,000 self-identified entrepreneurs, and 380 businesses through a mix of hackathons, incubators, accelerators and ongoing programming. Combined, they’ve yielded $7.25B in positive economic and social impact across the world. 80% of our incubation alumni are still in business, and team members of the other 20% often join other startups they’ve met through our programs. We believe that building businesses and economies are long term games, and the emotional, organizational, intellectual and social support produced through a community-sourced approach creates more successful businesses and happier founders.

From Brooklyn to Bali, our programs span geographies, scales and sectors. We’ve implemented projects on six continents with 300+ organizations, and our work has been highlighted by Ban Ki-moon, Hillary Clinton, and The White House and won The World Bank Sustainable Development Project of the Year. We are a certified B Corporation with teams in New York City, San Francisco, Portland, Albuquerque, San Diego, Washington DC, Fort Myers, Battle Creek, Philadelphia, Montreal, Melbourne, Bali, Surabaya and Singapore.

It is a core belief at SecondMuse that diversity is necessary for strong networks to be built and sustained, and we seek to reflect that diversity on our team as well. We are an equal opportunity employer actively seeking diversity in service to our mission of understanding and solving humanity’s toughest challenges.