Scaling Program Manager/Director
- Kigali or Rubavu, Rwanda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested candidates should complete application form using link: https://inyenyeri.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45
- Where to Apply
Start date: Preferred mid September 2019
Contract: Open ended contract renewable with 3-6 months probation period
Reporting to: Sr. VP Operations (Rwanda)
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Inyenyeri works in 4 districts in Rwanda. Headquartered in Kigali, with an office in Rubavu and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 170 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
About the role:
Inyenyeri is looking for a competent Scaling Program Manager/Director, to design Inyenyeri’s scaling program across all elements of the value chain and support functions of this new biomass energy utility to grow the organization from current 5000 Households (HH’s) to 100.000 HH’s over the next few years. Once the program is designed, set up and structured, play the role of head Project Management Office (PMO) to support the departmental leads and the Project Committee in the realization of the program.
What good looks like:
• Logical and complete program structure (scope, overall deliverables)
• Program plan well specified at various levels of abstraction
• Regular checks on feasibility and coherence of program
• Stakeholders informed and involved
• Project properly staffed
• Ability to adapt plan in a coherent way
• Rigorous reporting on progress, issues and outcomes
• To develop a program management structure, plan and processes to support Inyenyeri in the realization of its scaling plan (e.g. keep the PMO masterfile updated);
• To provide business and financial analyses, as well as strategic leadership, that ensures the optimal balance between the supply and demand of pellets;
• To assist the departmental heads and other project owners in the realization of their particular work stream (e.g. to work with the HR department to keep the recruitment planner updated);
• To monitor and report on progress made;
• To identify and help resolve bottlenecks in the realization;
• To assess company risks, to maintain and update a risk register and to mitigate these risks together with colleagues;
• To link program plan elements with the budget and allow for adaptations of the program in line with changing financial conditions.
What we are looking for:
• Experienced program manager (> 5 years), with attitude and skills to deliver complex projects in a timely way;
• Capable of (re)designing a large multi-disciplinary program;
• Understanding of, and experience with, challenges of implementing large programs;
• Outstanding financial and planning skills;
• Proven skills in budget management;
• Excellent in reporting on outstanding issues and helping to resolve these;
• Ability to present solution directions such that decision-making is facilitated;
• Outstanding team player while also being able to operate with minimal supervision;
• Experience in B2C consumer goods company with production facility an advantage;
• Experience with supply chain management a plus.
• A Bachelor’s degree (e.g. In Business, Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Engineering or Physical Sciences) is a must; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
• A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant professional experience as a Project/Program/Business/
• Fluency in English, both in writing and verbally;
• Previous experience with a rapidly growing organization.
*Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
*This position is subject to funding.