Senior Associate, Endeavor Insight
- Endeavor Global
- New York, New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please apply via the Workable portal.
- Where to Apply
Endeavor Global seeks a Senior Associate to join Endeavor Insight, a research-based policy consulting team that studies entrepreneurship and its impact on economic growth around the world. The Senior Associate will manage research projects, conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, share findings, and support the department’s operations. Their clients include philanthropies, multilateral agencies, and corporations who sponsor projects in markets that range from sub-Saharan Africa, to Middle America, to Latin America.
– Develop and perform analysis to identify research findings. Manage qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts across multiple projects.
– Conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, investors, and support organization leaders in a wide range of geographies.
– Write and publish research reports that present findings through strong narratives and compelling data visualizations.
– Clean and analyze data to ensure accuracy and consistency.
– Create content such as blog posts, slide presentations, and social media.
– Manage the hiring, training, and work of research assistants and interns for multiple projects.
– Assist in communications with external partners and clients, including scheduling, drafting proposals, and making presentations.
– Coordinate report launch activities such as webinar presentations, panel discussions, and working groups.
– Assist with project management and department operations such as tracking project deadlines and client requirements, and database subscriptions.
Great candidates for this role will:
– Love data analysis and paying attention to detail.
– Truly enjoy using Excel and get a kick out of using pivot tables, data analysis add-ins, and data visualizations.
– Hate typos and errors in Excel formulas.
– Thrive at uncovering analytical findings to inform decision makers.
– Enjoy distilling large amounts of information and crafting digestible and compelling narratives.
– Lead interviews with the aplomb of an investigative journalist.
– Enjoy learning new analytical tricks and research methods.
– Strive for perfection in their writing.
– Never miss a deadline.
– Have 2+ years of research experience and 2+ years of client-facing experience in a professional role.
– Be willing to travel (including internationally) during non-pandemic conditions.
In addition, an ideal candidate will:
– Code in Python or R, and build queries in SQL.
– Use Adobe InDesign, WordPress, MailChimp, and social media platforms.
– Perform statistical analysis, including social network analysis and regression analysis.
– Have experience working internationally.
– Have education in international development, economics, business, or other related fields.
– Speak a foreign language.
Must be eligible to live and work in the United States. Must be able to work from the New York City office within 2 months of office reopening, expected summer 2021.
What they offer:
– A dynamic work environment with a highly collaborative team.
– Opportunities to learn new research and data analysis skills.
– Access to international networks of entrepreneurs and economic development executives.
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits including paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, and retirement plan.
About Endeavor Insight
Endeavor Insight is the research division of Endeavor, a non-profit organization that supports fast-growing entrepreneurs across the world. Their work is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Techstars, the Kauffman Foundation and other organizations that promote entrepreneurship. Recent publications include Middle America’s Competitive Advantages in Entrepreneurship that promotes job creation in the Midwest (endeavor.org/ma-cae), and Fostering Productive Entrepreneurship communities that explores scaling tech companies in sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia (endeavor.org/fpec). Their research has been featured in the Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch, the Miami Herald, Crains, and other publications.