Senior Associate, HR & Operations
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org
ABOUT THE POSITION: The GIIN is looking to hire a full-time Senior Associate, HR & Operations to support the HR & other operational needs of this fast-paced, growing organization. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering exceptional human resources general support and other operational services, in a mission driven organization. This position works within the Operations team to support GIIN’s talent management strategy to recruit, develop, and retain top talent. The role will report to the Manager of Finance & Operations. Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare job descriptions, manage job postings, and screen & interview candidates
• Play an active role in the recruitment of summer associates and interns
• Execute all hiring operation tasks including offer letter generation, background checks, I-9 processing, and processing and filing applications
• Assist in analyzing recruitment trends regarding candidate and hiring sources, in order to improve recruitment strategies and outcomes
• Manage the GIIN’s Career Center portal
Employee Relations and Procedures:
• Manage the onboarding and offboarding of all staff
• Manage annual performance process, ensuring the timely evaluation of all staff
• Ensure that all approved job actions (new positions, promotions, job upgrades, and job eliminations) are processed and correctly recorded in the HR database and payroll system
• Manage employee timesheet submission process
• Support professional development initiatives and the development of innovated employee experiences that reinforce GIIN values and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices
• Support the employee discipline and separation process, including involuntary terminations, ensuring effective risk mitigation
Compliance and Regulatory Monitoring:
• Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour). Monitors exposure of the company and directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization\’s compliance
Policy Development and Documentation:
• Maintain and update, as needed, the Employee Handbook
• Annually review and make recommendations to management for improvement of the organization\’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
• Support employee benefits administration, in partnership with our Professional Employer Organization (PEO), track benefits trends, proactively plan for the evolving needs of staff
Other Tasks as May be Required
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: The Senior Associate must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and be organized, collaborative, professional, resourceful, flexible, and highly responsible. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree, and at least 5 years of human resources experience, with specialization in talent management and experience in a range of HR issues and programs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated customer support mindset and skill set.
• Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including employment law and benefits.
• Solid understanding of federal, state and city labor laws including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, EEO, AAP, ADA, ACA, immigration and workplace safety.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural work environment.
• Ability to manage confidential information is imperative, including influencing others to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Skilled at multi-tasking; able to coordinate, organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities and unexpected situations.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills a must.
• Strong work ethic.
• High level of discretion.
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “HR & Operations Senior Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.