Senior Associate, Lending Operations
- Root Capital
- Cambridge, MA
- Job Type
- Contact Information
- Apply through Root Capital's website: https://rootcapital.org/careers/senior-associate-lending-operations/
The Senior Associate, Lending Operations will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient, effective operation of Salesforce and other systems used by the Lending and Risk Management teams. S(he) will serve as the primary liaison between lending and risk management staff, information technology staff, and external vendor application support representatives; ensuring clear communication and timely responses to troubleshoot issues and manage development projects. Additionally, (s)he will play a critical role in the development of credit training materials and in the maintenance of the department’s intranet portal, ensuring ready access to all templates, tools, and resources for lending and risk management staff.
Lending System Support and Administration (75%)
– Act as primary liaison between Lending and Risk Management teams, IT team, and external vendors to troubleshoot issues and raise requests for new features.
– Manage Lending and Risk Management systems improvement project pipeline in close coordination with Salesforce Administrator, ensuring clear scoping and documentation of business unit needs and technical requirements.
– Coordinate with IT across multiple platforms to plan for and ensure smooth integration between offline tools (Word, Excel) and cloud-based applications (Salesforce, Google, Box, Baker Hill Statement Analyzer).
– Coordinate with IT to monitor group and individual level access and permissioning to systems and applications used by Lending and Risk Management departments, and improve protocols to ensure consistent, timely reassignment of records in databases when there are staff transitions.
– Maintain existing systems documentation and user manuals, and develop new reference materials as needed.
– Develop and maintain master reports and dashboards in Salesforce, soliciting reporting needs from Lending and Risk Management teams.
– Enforce good data quality, flagging issues as they arise and following up with data “owners” to ensure timely update.
– Enforce consistency with prescribed structure for client credit files
Lending Training Support and Resource Management (25%)
– Support the development of an internal credit training program, including compiling onboarding resources for new staff, and researching training and development opportunities for existing staff.
– Coordinate with in-house training “content experts” to organize training plans, schedule training sessions, develop training materials, and gather feedback post-training.
– Manage all system-generated email notifications for Lending and Risk Management staff.
– Manage all “mail-merge” templates downloaded from Salesforce, including client-facing notices and internal staff-facing tools.
– Maintain Lending Department intranet portal, ensuring all tools and resources are readily accessible and easy to find
Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in finance, accounting or technology strongly preferred.
3-5 years\’ professional experience.
– Experience using Salesforce required.
– Demonstrated experience providing technical support to users, with emphasis on quick response time and patience with users at varying levels of technological ability.
– Fluency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred, intermediate level required.
– Self-motivated to independently learn new systems and technology.
Interest in and understanding of policy, procedure, and data management best practices.
– Familiarity with the credit process and lending practices (borrower due diligence, credit underwriting, loan structuring, loan closing & servicing) strongly preferred.
– Strong organization skills with ability to follow up on pending items and to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties.
– Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate instructions for how to use tools, systems, etc.
– Strong technology skills, especially with process-mapping programs (e.g., Visio), Google platform (e.g., Gmail, Drive, Sites), and databases (e.g., Salesforce).
– Ability to “translate” communication between business unit and IT.
– Attention to detail a must!
About Root Capital:
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.