Senior Associate, New York
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Apply online: https://Nonprofitfinancefund.applytojob.com/apply/bqcqdY/Senior-Associate-Advisory-Services.html?source=NextBillion
Advisory Services Senior Associates deliver NFF’s core suite of services to social-sector clients and serves as a key member of the delivery team, working on complex client engagements, initiatives and special projects. Like all team members, Senior Associates work in a fast-paced environment and manage a substantial portfolio of work.
As a member of a close-working and growing team of local and national professionals, the Senior Associate is responsible for performing high-quality, data-driven financial analysis. Senior Associates ensure that the work is performed according to scope, and conduct appropriate analysis and research given the key financial, strategic and organizational issues that the clients are facing.
Senior Associates have autonomy for managing significant portions of client work and as such they are expected to understand the context of our work as it relates to the data, market and an organization’s unique dynamics. At times, Senior Associates may have responsibility for project or initiative management.
The Senior Associate will work directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at a wide range of organizations and as such, must embody NFF’s Values and be able to fulfill the role of trusted advisor at all levels within our client’s organizations. Senior Associates are expected to communicate in a clear, compelling and accessible manner.
This position is a national position based in one of NFF’s five office sites (New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles or San Francisco). Travel is expected and could potentially account for up to 40% of the Senior Associate’s time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth financial analyses, organizational assessments and sector research.
- Serve as a member of a team working with clients to identify and frame key financial, strategic and organizational issues.
- Develop and be responsible for individual work plans that ensure the production and delivery of highest quality of analysis given the project scope, budget and timeline.
- Build custom financial models that provide the data to test options and scenarios.
- Facilitate in-person, remote, virtual meetings and dialogues with nonprofit leaders that both identify and communicate key findings and recommendations for addressing core strategic and financial issues.
- Synthesize data and integrate findings into clear, accessible materials; write and present reports that outline key findings, options, opportunities, risks, scenarios, and recommendations.
- Present NFF content in workshops, conferences, clinics and seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Masters of Business Administration or related advanced degree, candidates with relevant commensurate experience will be considered.
- 3-6 years of work experience; preferably in the fields of nonprofit management, consulting and/or financial services.
- Professional maturity and ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients, funders, board members and leaders in the field in a way that is consistent with NFF Values.
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in the social sector and facility with nonprofit accounting, finance, financial model building, and general issues and trends in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills; strong ability to organize, present, and synthesize complex information in an accessible manner.
- Interest and ability to travel nationally, year round, up to 40% of the time.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a close-knit group of professionals.
- Proficiency in technology applications particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible, curious, creative, enthusiastic and with a sense of humor.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with outcomes-based contracting/ financing, Impact Investing and/ or Pay for Success structures.
- Prior Salesforce experience, a plus.