Senior Associate, Social Media and Digital Marketing
- New York, New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Acumen is seeking a digital mastermind to champion Acumen\’s online voice and presence across our digital channels; this is an exciting opportunity for someone with 3+ years of experience who is social media fluent, a strong communicator, and on fire about tackling problems of poverty across the globe.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Since 2001, Acumen has invested more than $103 million in 96 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also working to build a global community of emerging leaders that believe in creating a more inclusive world through the tools of both business and philanthropy. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company\’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies. Learn more at www.acumen.org and on Twitter @Acumen.
Acumen’s Senior Associate, Social Media and Digital Marketing is responsible for Acumen’s online voice and presence: writing, maintaining and continuously improving the quality of brand-relevant content across all our digital channels, including our website, blogs, email marketing, impact e-newsletters, fundraising appeal campaigns and social media platforms. S/he will help drive our digital marketing strategy while continuously maintaining and improving the quality and diversity of our content, monitoring engagement and performance using various analytic tools and constantly iterating to drive success as measured by growth and conversions. Expert copywriting and editorial skills are a must. Reports to the Global Head of Brand Strategy and Communications.
Success in this role will be defined by the individual\’s ability to think strategically and “connect the dots;” synthesize and distill complex information about Acumen’s work, insights and the broader sector landscape; craft a variety of clear and persuasive web-appropriate communications; deliver editorial excellence; collaborate effectively with key internal and external partners to ensure accuracy and timeliness of news; and remain highly organized and efficient in the midst of numerous assignments and a fast-paced environment.
Content Creation and Digital Marketing
• Strengthen and clarify Acumen’s voice online
• Develop and execute Acumen’s email marketing program
• Write and produce a pipeline of timely and compelling content for multiple audiences across our online channels that drive awareness of our work and strengthen our position as a thought leader—including Acumen’s website, blog, email marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, Snapchat, Maptia, etc.
• Translate high-level concepts and insights from our work into finished, “on-brand” copy for all of Acumen’s digital channels including email marketing
• Identify new opportunities and appropriate channels for strategic storytelling online vis a vis repurposing content and activating voices from within Acumen’s staff and extended community to serve as proof points for the brand
• Partner and collaborate across geographies and functions to drive our global online presence in locally relevant ways
• Create and maintain editorial calendars and content publishing flow
• Develop and execute Acumen’s social media strategy in existing and new channels
• Leverage social media to clarify and strengthen our messaging while expanding our audience reach
o Build relationships with online influencers and foster community amongst our network
o Run targeted social promotions to increase engagement and expand our community
• Partner with the +Acumen team to drive online course registrations and strengthen chapter membership
• Deliver social media analytics to identify trends and improve social engagement
• Attend key Acumen and sector events to promote our presence and contribute our voice to the broader conversation
SEO and Analytics
• Manage relationships with agencies and/or consultants to drive Acumen and +Acumen’s SEO/SEM strategy; monitor and tweak keyword strategy as needed
• Test and run strategic ad campaigns vis-a-vis Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms
• Create digital analytics framework and KPIs for measuring success and calibrate content accordingly
Who You Are
First and foremost, you are a tech-obsessed, social media junkie who is intensely curious about the world and passionate about making it a better place for all. You’re a team player who shares Acumen’s values. You’re a thinker-doer, superior writer and storyteller, with a mindset for flawless execution.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Digital or related field preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role (digital, content strategy, online marketing)
• Native “digital thinker” with a proven track record of developing and executing a variety of content across social media and online platforms, including text, photo, graphics, and video
• Social media expert with knowledge of best practices and experience and absolute comfort using content management systems
• Understanding of how to create SEO-friendly content
• Demonstrated comprehension of audience segmentation; exceptional listener and communicator—written, oral and visual—with a high attention to detail
• Experience writing about issues related to poverty and/or the macro environment for philanthropy, impact investing and social innovation; knowledge about key Fortune 500 companies and their leaders, NGOs, venture capital firms, and capital markets preferred/helpful
• Critical thinker accustomed to working, problem solving and collaborating thoughtfully in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with different colleagues and personalities, at all levels both externally and internally, and across a variety of functions and geographies
• Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, MailChimp, SplashThat or other email marketing platform; basic HTML and video editing experience a plus
• Experience using one or more of the following tools: Google Analytics, Radian6, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Exact Target
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional characteristics we’re looking for in all roles at Acumen:
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission to change the way the world tackles poverty, and respect for our core values: generosity, accountability, humility, audacity, listening, leadership, integrity and respect
• Ability to thrive when there is ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve
• A sense of humor (really)
Acumen offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including full benefits and a 401K.
New York, NY
How to Apply
Please answer the following questions on our online applicant tracking system: http://bit.ly/2e21gUk.
1. How do you define content marketing? (150 word max)
2. List your favorite social media campaign(s) (brand or nonprofit) and what makes them effective. (150 word max)
3. Please provide a link to a professional example of content creation: blogs, opinion posts and/or other writing samples that demonstrate ability to create inspiring, member-centric storytelling for the web.
The deadline to apply for this position is Nov 15, 2016, but candidate are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.