Senior Associate, Social Performance Measurement
- Upaya Social Ventures
- Bangalore, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Upaya is looking to hire a Senior Associate to drive Upaya’s Social Performance Measurement. Upaya seeks a highly detail-oriented, technology –savvy (proficiency in Salesforce, Tableau, Excel), self-starter to monitor, evaluate and present Upaya’s effectiveness as an organization, both in terms of the support it provides to its investee companies (“partners”) as well as their jobholders’ progress out of poverty. The ideal candidate will have a passion for brainstorming ideas / solutions, getting things done and for improving the lives of the poorest of the poor. The candidate should also thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be willing to identify and pick up new assignments as needs arise.
The candidate has a background in data analytics and is comfortable with the design, interpretation, and reporting of both social and financial performance metrics. The Senior Associate will oversee data collection and survey administration in the field, data cleaning and aggregation, analysis, and work closely with Upaya’s Chief Impact Officer (CIO) on interpretation and reporting. The Associate will also liaise with Upaya’s partners, monitor their progress against financial and operational milestones, and recommend metrics that capture and communicate overall enterprise health and stability.
Reports to: India Country Director, with a dotted line to the CIO
– Prepare survey formats, train enumerators on administration and data collection.
– Work closely with agency to coordinate field logistics and schedule with partner enterprise
– Ensure clean data transfer from enumerators to Upaya systems
– Identify and capture key jobholder stories which can be case studies of impact.
– Review financial statements of portfolio partners and highlight key performance metrics and trends across categories
– Analyse data, assemble findings into “theory of change” framework
– Collaborate with Marketing Manager and CIO to update dashboards, publish reports for various stakeholders
– Work closely with CIO to aggregate all social and financial indicators and assemble holistic understanding of Upaya’s performance
– Coordinate with partner enterprises as and when required.
Master’s Degree strongly preferred: MBA or Master’s in Statistics, Data Science. Must demonstrate proficiency in quantitative research methods and data visualization. Knowledge of financial management a plus.
Skills & Experience
– 2 – 5 years of post-qualification work experience in a monitoring & evaluation function, preferably in an SME environment, is a must
– Excellent analytical and organization skills
– Competence in MS Office is required with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel
– Prior experience working with Salesforce, or other database systems, a must
– Demonstrated ability to manage projects and diverse stakeholders
– Ability to work and communicate with cross country teams
– Strong written and verbal communication (fluency required in English and Hindi)
– Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment
– Comfortable with travel to partner locations especially far-away places like north-eastern states of India and impoverished communities
– Strong work ethic, attention to detail and steadfast commitment to Upaya’s values