- Kaya Impacto
- Mexico City
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Kaya Impacto is a boutique Mexican consulting firm for early stage social enterprises.
In Kaya Impacto, we believe in the power of social entrepreneurs to change the world. However, at the time to raise capital to scale their business and impact, it can be a difficult journey on their own. The first meeting with a potential investor and navigating the due diligence can be even more challenging.
We prepare, connect, and accompany social entrepreneurs during the capital raising process, from the preparation of the initial documentation until the closing of the financing round, including the due diligence process. From this we are able to guarantee that the investment is aligned with the growth goals of the company.
We are looking for a Senior Associate who can manage client relationships through our Capital Advisory Services (and other financial and strategic consulting services) with Mexican social businesses.
As we are a small but dynamic team, we are looking for someone who is flexible, proactive, and has a strong desire to contribute in any part of the organization where there are opportunities to develop new projects and improve processes. However, the main focus of the Senior Associate will be participating in the Capital Advisory Services.
Specifically, the work of the Senior Associate includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Autonomous project management
• Managing communication with entrepreneurs and investors
• Profound analysis of business models, with a focus on financial aspects
• Creation and validation of financial models and statements (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements) including historical and future valuations with the goal to evaluate the financial viability of the company for external investors
• Creation and development of Investment Memos
• Support in the due diligence process, accompanying entrepreneurs during their meetings with potential investors and supporting the required follow-up
• Valuation Analysis and support for entrepreneurs for possible implications on their business, including dilution implications and impact on future capital raises
• Termsheet Analysis and modeling of proposed investment terms to help the entrepreneur understand the consequences and the effects on the business.
• General support to entrepreneurs during their capital raise process
• 7+ years in relevant professional experience (investment banking, private equity / VC fund, management consulting, start-ups, or other relevant roles). Having experience in impact investing or social entrepreneurship is an advantage
• MBA or other relevant master’s degree. Candidates without a master’s degree but relevant expertise will also be considered.
• Profound understanding of Microsoft Excel, with extensive experience in financial modeling
• Native Spanish speaker and high competency in English (verbal and written). Preference for Mexican citizens
• Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Humility, a sense of humor, and open to listening and learning
• A commitment to improve the world through the quality of their work
• Understanding of the key concepts of impact investing and social entrepreneurships will be considered an advantage
• Compensation: fixed and variable components, with a potential for rapid growth based on staff and team performance
• Generous vacation policies
• Location: Mexico City, Mexico
How to apply?
Please send an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Senior Associate” no later than September 23, 2016. The best candidates will be contacted by email to arrange an interview.