- Avaaz Foundation
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to fill in the form in our career Page and attach their CV in English
- Where to Apply
Avaaz empowers millions of people, starting with its 70 million members, to take action on pressing issues, from corruption and poverty to conflict and climate change. Our model of citizens organising allows thousands of individual efforts, however small, to be rapidly combined into a powerful collective force.
The Avaaz community campaigns in 17 (soon 22!) languages, served by a core team on 6 continents and thousands of volunteers.
Avaaz has a team of Campaign Associates, Campaigners, Senior Campaigners, and Campaign Directors that supports the core advocacy work of the organisation.
In our team, Senior Campaigners are mostly responsible for helping set up strategies and implementing public campaigns on a range of urgent global issues.
As a Senior Campaigner based in the Americas, you would play a key role in developing and expanding your campaigning, advocacy, and management experience with a small, entrepreneurial team of organisers, while serving a large, rapidly-growing network of citizens from every country on earth. The techniques we use include internet mobilisation, public advertisements and media campaigns and private advocacy with decision-makers.
Starting date: As soon as possible, but will wait for strong candidates.
Deadline for Applications: 24th of June, 2022
– Monitoring world events in specified areas and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns;
– Drafting compelling communications and advocacy materials;
– Consulting experts on campaigns and exploring potential partnerships with other organisations;
– Assisting campaign directors in organising campaign actions and logistics;
– Publishing and editing online content;
– Correspondence and consultation (e.g. polling) with members;
– Rewriting communications in other languages, depending on fluency;
– Having point responsibility/function on individual online campaigns; and
– Having point responsibility for non-campaign workstreams in our team plan.
This position will report to an Avaaz Campaign Director.
The following list of qualifications is what we believe gives you the experience required to work in our environment and deliver on the responsibilities listed above. You should apply for this role if you feel you have the necessary experience, even if you don’t meet all the requirements below:
– Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change
– Enthusiasm for a wide range of global issues, and a readiness to move swiftly between them, while being able to rapidly focus in on the details of each
– Understanding of civic advocacy and public campaigning
– Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
– A growth mindset and a desire to challenge yourself
– High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
– Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements
– Creativity, strategic thinking and campaign planning skills
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Tech savvy
– Fluency in spoken and written English is required, fluency in other languages is desirable
Salary varies with location and experience, and is highly competitive with leading international nongovernmental organizations. The full-package salary for this position ranges from € 51172 – € 85286 EURO equivalent. An accurate range in local currency will be provided to candidates considering local cost of living and experience.
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done over email, Gdocs, telephone, and Skype.
Our staff are based in cities all over the world. For this position, the candidate would preferably be based in the North or South American continents.
The development of our employees is paramount. To support this, we include these benefits:
– 5 weeks paid vacation per year
– 10 paid holidays per year
– $3,000 USD for training and development per year
– $1,500 USD for language development per year
– Out-of-Home Workspace Rental
Avaaz’s Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
As a global organisation with millions of members around the world, it’s important to us that our team reflects the diversity needed to lead a movement of people from across the planet, rising to meet some of the most complex challenges humanity has ever faced. We believe we can only succeed by building a diverse team full of fresh perspectives and original ideas, and we are committed to creating a working environment in which everyone has an equitable opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Our team includes native and non-native English speakers, the self-taught and university educated, people with all sorts of professional backgrounds. If doing the job you just read about would make you excited to come to work every day, if you’re talented, hard-working and committed to making a difference – we want you to apply.
Avaaz does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, language and accent, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, family/parental or marital status, religion, socioeconomic class, caste, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
We are committed to ongoing learning, so if you have suggestions for us on how to better put these values into practice in our hiring process, we’d value your input. Please write to us at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
We’ll provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities or special needs to participate in the application process, so please let us know if you have such a request when you apply.