Senior Campaigns Manager (5-month temporary contract)
- All Out
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.Application deadline:October 4, 2015. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and application at the following link:https://allout.org/en/jobs/#op-81758-senior-campaigns-manager-4month-temporary-contract
Who We Are:
All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
We are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. By mobilizing millions of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, All Out is shifting policy and cultural norms. We petition world leaders and global organizations and use creative campaigning tactics – online and offline – to capture the attention of the global media around the fight for equality.
Who We Are Hiring:
We are now recruiting for a temporary Senior Campaigns Manager. This position will report to our Campaigns Director.
We are looking for a candidate with significant online organizing experience to join a team of smart, skilled, and quick-witted campaigners. We are looking for someone who is excited to take strategic risks, act boldly, and creatively engage with our campaigns.
This position can be based in New York or elsewhere in the timezones GMT-5 or GMT-4.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and executing high-impact, opportunity driven campaign strategies combining online and offline tactics, media expertise, and strategic partnerships.
- Identifying strategic opportunities for All Out to increase membership and outreach, and advance advocacy campaigns and impact.
- Ensure all campaigns have a strong theory of change, potential to win, and that outreach emails are impeccably written, persuasive and include strong supporting materials.
- Regularly lead the campaigns team to think creatively, develop new campaign tactics, and use creative tools outside of email to reach and expand our membership and drive them to action.
Qualified candidates must have:
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including online campaigning or digital strategy experience. Skills in investigative journalism and media production are also highly valued.
- Excellent campaign strategy skills, with the ability to innovate on current tactics to catalyze change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven experience of using storytelling in high impact campaigning.
- Ability to operate in a high-paced global environment, with experience working in a dispersed international team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop networks and manage strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the political scenario and processes.
- Fluency in verbal and written English. Additional language skills are a plus (particularly French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish).
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organized and deadline-obsessed attitude.
- A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT people as a path toward progressive change.
- Great sense of humour!
Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience.
This is a 5 month contract (40 hours/week, from mid-October 2015 to mid-March 2016).