Senior Executive at Nikweli
- Where to Apply
Nikweli aims to fundamentally transform labour markets in Africa by facilitating job access for candidates from the informal and semi-formal sector. We connect industry and service workers in Africa with employment opportunities. We are leveraging technology to create a job matching platform that brings together job seekers and employers. We have initiated our operations in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and have ambitious plan to first develop in the Tanzanian market and then expand throughout the region.
We are an initial stage impact-driven business (a for-profit social enterprise) and we are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to help drive the development of Nikweli on the ground. The compensation (salary+equity) will allow you to live comfortably in the country but is not going to be extravagant. We expect you to not only lead the business execution but also become a part of the core, founding team.
It is an exciting time for Nikweli, having recently obtained our initial/seed funding much of the setup groundwork has been already completed. The business is ripe for expansion.
About the Position
We are looking for somebody with an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude; skills and experience in building teams and organizations focused on social impact in Africa. You will drive the development of Nikweli by securing the initial pipeline of clients, expanding and managing the team, scaling of the operations and contributing to all aspects of the business jointly with other co-founders. This position gives an opportunity to influence and shape the strategic direction of the business.
• 4-5 years senior management experience in entrepreneurial environment and emerging markets (ideally social enterprise in Africa)
• 3+ years experience in sales and operations
• Demonstrated ability to manage people and develop client relationships
• Deep commitment to social change with the motivation to expand a profitable job matching model across Africa
• Advanced degree preferred or strong relevant experience
• Technical (programming and product development) skills are an asset
• Field experience in development work is a plus
• Experience with recruitment industry is a plus
How to apply:
To apply (with cv and cover letter) or for any position related questions write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.