Senior Investor Relations Associate
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Senior Investor Relations Associate’s main responsibilities will be to support strategy development and management of the organization’s debt fundraising program. S/he will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new investor prospects and maintaining existing relationships with a segment of Root Capital’s investors, which includes more than 200 foundations, government agencies, development finance institutions, wealth managers and high net worth individuals. S/he will be responsible for communicating technical information in a compelling way through the development of marketing materials, proposals, reports and other forms of written and verbal communications.
Mission and History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit social investment fund whose mission is to grow rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa, Latin America, and Asia by lending capital, delivering financial training and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital clients include associations and private businesses that help create sustainable livelihoods by aggregating the products of hundreds, and often thousands, of farmers. Since our launch in 1999, we have provided more than $900 million in credit to over 600 small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital envision a thriving financial market serving agricultural businesses that generate long-term social, economic, and environmental sustainability for small-scale farmers and their communities around the world. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, and Kenya.
Debt fundraising activities and investor relationship management. (75%)
- Support and manage day-to-day relationships with Root Capital potential and existing investors, including responding to information, reporting and due diligence requests in a timely manner.
- Support onboarding of new investors and renewals of loans with existing investors.
- Maintain relationship management database to ensure accurate and timely tracking of prospective and existing investor accounts.
- Coordinate and provide regular communication with the investor community, progress reports that update on social and environmental impact. Other communications will include solicitations, acknowledgments, financial updates.
- Oversee and prepare reporting requirements including but not limited to quarterly compliance reporting under investor agreements.
- Coordinate with and support fundraising operations, including but not limited to drafting, signing and filing loan documentation and other paperwork.
- Coordinate with and support accounting with payment schedules and instructions.
- Oversee and prepare reporting requirements including but not limited to quarterly compliance reporting and account statements under investor agreements.
- Contribute to debt fundraising strategy, including support of new product development and structuring and marketing initiatives.
Increase investor pipeline and raise new debt through lead generation and cultivation. (20%)
- Identify new prospective investors through research and by attending conferences and events.
- Cultivate prospective investors through outreach as well as coordinating and assisting in pitch meetings.
- Create and update marketing materials for new and existing debt products
- Coordinate inquiries and respond to information and due diligence requests from prospective investors.
Other organizational and team responsibilities (5%)
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure there is a continuous exchange of information and data as needed.
- Provide investor relations team support in philanthropic fundraising efforts and other activities as needed.
- Participate in organization-wide meetings and activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience. Relevant and proven experience developing relationships with clients such as in fundraising, sales or customer service, preferably in financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required in international development/politics, business, or other discipline requiring both strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of and passion for financial markets, international development, and/or impact investing preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, yet know when to seek support.
- Collaborative work style; works well on a team. Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience analyzing and synthesizing data and information. Ability to effectively present information and data in a clear and compelling manner.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent “jobs+IR@rootcapital.org”. Please type “IR” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “IR – Smith, John”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
Root Capital is an equal opportunity employer.