Senior Manager, Control and Compliance
- Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership, Clinton Foundation
- Contact Information
- Apply directly at https://careers-clintonfoundation.icims.com/jobs/2229/senior-manager%2c-control-and-compliance---cgep/job
- Develop, recommend, design, implement and monitor compliance programs within CGEP and its Enterprises. Perform internal audits of CGEP enterprises including but not limited to annual reviews of enterprise controls and specific risk areas. Plans the schedule of internal audits, gathers, verifies, and analyzes financial data, Ensures compliance with government policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations. Ensures complete and accurate oral and written reports on the results of audit work to the CFO, through beneficial conclusions, along with identifying risk areas and recommended policies.
- Identify solutions to internal audit findings including the development of proper control policies and procedures. Find and report deviations from sound business practices, company policies and procedures, and government laws and regulations. Proposes implementation and control plans in coordination with the CFO, General Managers and Finance Managers of CGEP enterprises.
- Maintains and files concise up-to date records of audit plans, finding, work papers, reports and other supporting documentation for all related reviews performed and suggested action plan. Coordinate all audits with the CFO, whom will provide guidance as to the Compliance, Control and Governance issues to observe based on the principles of CGEP and Clinton Foundation.
- Learn critical accounting principles for each country where CGEP has operations, in order to secure compliance and to recommend the best solution to specific situations. Train field staff and General Managers in best financial practices in financial management policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes to improve the effectiveness of Internal Audit’s administration, programs, plans, and/or performance standards; and keep abreast of new company programs, policies, and priorities as well as trends and new developments in audit international sites.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce; CPA or equivalent accounting designation
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum Required: 8 years financial experience in public and corporate internal international accounting, auditing, or internal audit, and related financial roles. Solid experience with small business, international experience especially developing countries, and cash businesses.
- Preferred: 10 years financial experience in public accounting and/or auditing; experience with the Big 4 accounting firms a plus
Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards;
- Familiarity with audit software helpful;
- Proven success in managing risk and mitigating losses;
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with an entrepreneurial spirit and exercise exemplary judgment;
- Must possess strong project management skills;
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple ongoing assignments;
- Must be organized, creative, pro-active, detail-oriented, and possess the strong ability to prioritize with superior time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be to work as part of a team and also independently;
- Must be an organized person;
- A strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through.
- Strong quantitative and critical analysis skills;
- Above-average computer skills in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and any auditing software
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally for 50% of the time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work remotely, given projects will be based in a number of different countries.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zones, as necessary.
- Must be willing to consider short or long term assignments in country.