Senior Manager, HR Operations
- POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1FFeAzdApplication Deadline: Early bird priority deadline: Thursday, June 18th at midnight EST. Last call deadline: Wednesday, July 1st at midnight EST.If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1FFeAzd
Application Deadline: Early bird priority deadline: Thursday, June 18th at midnight EST.
Last call deadline: Wednesday, July 1st at midnight EST.
ABOUT THE ROLE: SENIOR MANAGER, HR OPERATIONS
We are looking for a Senior Manager, HR Operations to ensure that PSI attracts and retains its most precious resource: talented people. This position is part of our People, Learning and Performance team. Working with our recruiters who find and hire great people, you will manage the systems and compensation packages that keep them. This is a great opportunity for someone to assess our current systems and programs, improve them in exciting ways, outsource some of them and create brand new ones from leading edge new ideas and research.
You will likely be excited to lead systematize, organize, and obsess over how to design and refine our processes. You will analyze our current practices and will lead strategic steps to enhance them. Creative problem solving, a vision of high level strategy, and a willingness to find answer will allow you to succeed in this role.
Your confidence will help us take big, new ideas and turn them into actionable steps to push projects forward.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
- You will work for one of the largest global change leaders, playing a critical role in shaping the way we communicate to audiences around the world.
- You will contribute our shared goals by executing new strategy and reinventing processes and procedures.
- You will bolster employee happiness – which goes a long way with 9,000 employees worldwide, who then in turn serve populations worldwide.
- You will hone your project management and system-improvement skills.
- You will strengthen your ability to work across cultures, languages, and mindsets.
- You will build deep professional relationships with our team in order to gain trust and encourage clear, effective interactions between teams.
- You will deepen your expertise in International HR and in retaining great talent.
- You will receive a generous salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
- You will work with a great amount of autonomy on a small team of efficient, energetic people.
- You will work in Washington, DC, a vibrant political hub also touted for its food, arts and culture.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
Driving the implementation of all compensation and benefits programs
- Ensuring our staff receive the compensation they’ve earned and ensure our organization compensation and benefits programs are fair and competitive.
- Collaborating with the People Centers of Excellence team in developing new competitive compensation and benefits programs that meet the needs of current and future staff.
Keeping us on track
- Cofunctioning with the Business Partners team to ensure systems are in place for timely and accurate processing of human resources needs.
- Managing all HR and benefits records, and select and manage a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) that is comprehensive, user-friendly, and maintains confidentiality.
Advocating for employees
- Providing prompt and friendly, positive customer service and ensuring systems are in place for quick answers to the kinds of questions that keep employees awake at night. “When can I get a raise?” “What are my maternity leave options after I have my baby? “Can I keep my health insurance after I leave PSI in two months?”
Making sure PSI plays by the rules
- Serving as the chief compliance officer for the People Department.
- Overseeing internal and external audits and timely implementation of reports from ERISA compliance to AAP and EEO reports.
- Leading responses to donor audits and questions, and look at setting up a streamlined process for doing so.
- Championing PSI’s whistle blowing policy and system and partner with Global Internal Audit and HR Business Partners in responding to complaints.
Overseeing Immigration Regulations
- Managing policies for work visas, work permits, and permanent residency applications.
- Partnering with the Business Partners, staff, and outside counsel on obtaining work permits and visas.
Being the Department’s Technology pro
- Ensuring that PSI has the right electronic systems in place to keep track of information, e.g. our Human Resources Information System (HRIS) effectively tracks employee information, employee onboarding, assimilation, employee files, immigration, payroll, relocation, and exits.
- Administering other technology systems such as the whistleblowing system – Ethics Point, and our performance management system.
Leading process improvement and team management
- Championing process improvement by identifying and implementing process improvements, implementing quality assurance processes to minimize errors and maximize efficiencies.
- Ensuring the development/maintenance of SOP documentation for all areas of responsibility. You will also coach, manage and develop a team that focuses on great customer service and innovative solutions for efficiencies.
WHO YOU ARE …
- An HR Expert – You bring approximately 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Bonus if you already know enterprise-wide HRIS systems, like Lawson.
- A Cross-Cultural Maven – You’ve successfully navigated within an international organization: one with offices in places like Guinea and Guatemala, Kenya and India; or you’re a globe trotter at heart who has significant cultural sensitivities.
- A Creative Problem Solver – You are industrious. You are incessantly inquisitive and are always seeking more efficiency. You love to creatively tackle a problem – big or small and can think through all the nuances required to ensure seamless implementation.
- A Thoughtful Manager – Like the acronym “HR,” we want the People & Learning Department to be both human and resourceful. You can build and manage teams that provide prompt and friendly service. You inspire your high performing team and ensure that they work hard, but not hover like a helicopter. You “play well” with others and enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- A Passionate Culture Fit – You are 100% values-and culture-aligned with PSI. In fact, you live and breathe our values – Measurement, Pragmatism, Honesty, Collaboration, Trust, and Commitment on a daily basis.
- An Active Listener & Communicator – You can connect easily with people and readily share promising models and approaches from within the PSI network and from outside. You are an effective and creative communicator whether speaking one-on-one or grasping the attention of a large group. Bonus if you also bring a level of French speaking.
- A Strategic Juggler – You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity, and love to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment. You take your work seriously, but not yourself.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to those applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, June 17, 2015; therefore we encourage you to submit yours soon! All other applications will be accepted until 11:59pm EST on Wednesday July 1, 2015.
These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by PSI leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Washington, DC. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!