Senior Manager of Supporter Engagement
- All Out
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please submit an application, cover letter and resume at the following link:
- Where to Apply
The Senior Manager of Supporter Engagement leads All Out’s online marketing work, under the supervision of the Director of Training and Resource Development.
On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Manager of Supporter Engagement identifies new and creative ways to grow and cultivate our online membership; oversees the strategy and implementation of All Out’s online fundraising campaigns; manages reporting across all platforms, and supervises the Social Media Manager on the development and implementation of our social media strategy.
Salary range: US$70,000 – US$75,000 negotiable plus benefits, dependent upon location and experience.
• Guide the strategy to achieve online fundraising targets through management of online fundraising campaigns, coordinating the workflow within the campaigns team;
• Oversee strategy and tactics to cultivate and grow the Equality Champions monthly giving program;
• Develop and track monthly progress towards online fundraising projections and adjust strategy accordingly, under the guidance of the Director of Training and Resource Development;
• Work closely with the Director of Programs on monthly campaign planning and implementation;
Online Membership & Engagement
• Lead on list acquisition and other paid and organic list growth strategies;
• Work closely with the Director of Training and Resource Development to implement promotion of All Out’s new petition-creation platform;
• Line manage the Social Media Manager, providing guidance and support for overall social media tactics and strategy, especially with Facebook advertising and Facebook Messenger;
• In collaboration with the Social Media Manager, oversee SEM and SEO strategy and tactics, including but not limited to Google Adwords;
• Oversee data and analytics of online campaigns across all platforms;
Innovation & Learning
• Support campaigns team on further development of new and innovative tactics and tools for engagement, such as Whatsapp or other mobile-based platforms;
• Maintain regular flow of communication on engagement learnings to campaigners and the broader team;
Essential skills and experience:
• A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT+ people as a path toward progressive change;
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Experience in online campaigning, digital strategy, and fundraising is absolutely essential, with a strong preference for those who have experience in marketing;
• A demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding online fundraising and supporter engagement targets;
• Extensive understanding of data, analytics and reporting, as it applies to online campaigning work;
• Strong management skills and the ability to lead diverse teams to achieve agreed goals and to drive change without direct authority;
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple vendors in professional business partnerships;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to operate in a high-paced environment, working to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
• Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
• Fluency in verbal and written English. Additional skills in other All Out language (French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish) are a plus;
• An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organised and deadline-obsessed attitude;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the political and social context in the LGBT+ movement;
• Great sense of humor!
• Experience with P2P giving programs;
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development;
• Expertise using Google Analytics and/or Google Adwords;
• Experience working with mobile messaging, such as SMS, Whatsapp, or Facebook Messenger;
• Experience working in a dispersed international team;
• An existing network in the LGBT+ or human rights movement.
U.S. East Coast or UK preferred.