Senior Manager, Operations Growth and Innovations
- Living Goods
- Job Type
- Contact Information
About Living Goods
Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of the undeserved by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. We believe that families should have access to basic healthcare and no child should suffer from easily preventable and treatable diseases.
LG is entering a phase of rapid scaling. To support our ambitious goals, we seek an innovative individual, with a strong-track record of driving results, to join our team as the as the Senior Manager, Operations Design and Growth. This new role will be based in Kampala and will be responsible for designing and implementing new initiatives to ensure the sustainability of our health impact and the replicability of our operations across Uganda. The Senior Manager, Operations Design and Growth will also drive analytics to inform strategic decision making.
The ideal candidate is a visionary, analytical, passionate about improving the health and livelihoods of the undeserved and has a track record of driving operational excellence
Growth Strategy and Implementation
• Partner with the Deputy Country Director to develop and implement strategies to ensure LG continues to deliver effective health services and products to maximize community impact.
• Lead the design and delivery of initiatives that increase efficiency, optimize Living Goods’ impact, improve sustainability and inform Living Goods long-term strategic plan. These may include agent and staff incentives, recognition programs, product delivery innovations, mobile payments, credit offerings, sales promotions or new product launches.
• Support the Product Department in the development of new products. Conduct market research to design product concepts, develop new products internally or with 3rd parties, test and assess.
• Provide leadership on the design of marketing plans, promotions and new product launches.
• Drive best practices sharing and continuous improvement across Operations.
• Provide broad support to Field Operations and Operations Management.
• Own data analytics. Ensure use of analysis to assess performance of the business and health operations and to drive continuous improvement in processes and systems.
• Manage a team of marketing and business analytics resources.
• Supervise and coordinate field assessments and quality control in an ongoing Randomized Control Trial.
• A minimum of 6 years of management level experience, with proven ability to successfully drive operational excellence.
• Professional experience in emerging markets, Africa preferred.
• Proven success in designing and delivering innovative business solutions.
• Private sector experience in one of the following fields: consumer package goods, health delivery, pharmaceuticals, retail or direct selling/franchising, management consulting.
• 3-5 years of project management experience. Ability to design, plan, deliver and monitor a portfolio of projects.
• Exposure to a sales environment a plus.
• Proven ability to work within a cross functional team, with skills related to motivation, performance management, and relationship management.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to see the big picture.
• Exceptional analytics skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and relate well with others from a variety of backgrounds and levels.
• University degree required. MBA preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to travel across Uganda 15-20% of the time.
Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of undeserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Senior Manager, Operations Growth and Innovations through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods