Senior People Business Partner
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- QUESTIONS?If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1TWlKv5
Application Deadline: Monday, August 31st at midnight EST
- Full-time salaried position based in Washington, DC
- Up to 25 percent international travel
- Reporting to the Deputy Director of People, Learning, and Performance
- Collaborating with a 25-person People, Learning, and Performance Team
- Leading a team of three People Business Partners
WHY WE’RE HIRING FOR THIS ROLE…
New learning and growth requires a new start. We took a hard look at how our team was organized and saw areas for improvement. We see our HR function as integral to our purpose.
As a result, our people team is growing and evolving. We created this new role to begin our next phase of learning and development. We came to acknowledge that elevating HR requires totally redefining the work of our senior leaders.
ABOUT THE POSITION — SENIOR PEOPLE BUSINESS PARTNER
We need a leader to chart the new course forward. This role is right for you if you want to help elevate human resources to where it belongs. Only when people inside an organization feel safe, connected, and empowered, can we work together to achieve things that none of us can achieve alone.
The main responsibility of this role: You’ll work with the team on how to solve the most complex HR-related problems our customers face. You will lead our team of three People Business Partners. You will reinvent and role model how we can do our best work with our 400+ HQ staff. Together we’ll deliver best-in-class customer service at every touch point.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE…
- Setting the path. You’ll partner with the team to re-think the ‘nuts and bolts’ of advising and serving PSI departments – devising a strategy to shift the way we do strategic workforce planning.
- Taking the lead. We will look to you to inspire and motivate a diverse team to constantly get better. Whether it’s creating a WOW customer experience or changing a process to improve efficiency, this role demands more than the status quo. We want you to lead us to become best in class.
- Coaching problem-solvers. You’ll be the go-to HR problem-solver, coaching the team to resolve issues efficiently and to anticipate problems before they arise.
- Create new ways. You’ll bring a fresh perspective and fix challenges you see once you’re in place. This might mean creating a new way of working with our customers.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
THE OUTCOMES FROM YOUR WORK IN THIS ROLE
- You will work to improve the health of people in the developing world.
- Some of our key challenges: a lack of family planning, HIV and AIDS, barriers to maternal health, and the greatest threats to children under five, including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition.
- We focus on measurable health impact and measures its effect on disease and death much like a for-profit measures its profits.
- Just last year PSI saved the lives of 15,445 mothers, prevented 5,646,997 unintended pregnancies, stopped 254,792 new HIV infections, and avoided 273,740 deaths due to diseases like malaria, diarrhea and pneumonia that most threaten young children.
HOW THIS ROLE WILL HELP YOU DEVELOP AS A PROFESSIONAL
- You will strengthen your ability to work across cultures, languages, and mindsets.
- You will be able to stretch and help define what people operations looks like as a core innovative function of PSI.
- You will further enhance your leadership and management skills as you develop, support, and improve the performance of an evolving organization taking a new direction.
THE TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE PERKS AND BENEFITS OF THIS ROLE
We expect you to be a human being while working for us, which means a need to explore and live fully. To do so, we offer:
- Generous benefits including health insurance and a competitive salary.
- An opportunity to travel the world.
- A healthy, positive, collaborative working environment and opportunity to work closely with school leaders and teachers.
- A team-first culture where we encourage fun and embrace all personalities.
- An opportunity to make your own opportunity.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
- Makes it real. We want to re-invent strategic workforce planning, but you need to make it real across PSI. We need someone that can translate big ideas to action and activities.
- Thrives under pressure. This role isn’t for the meek. We want determination and grit when working through tricky HR situations.
- Has the HR street cred. You’ve ‘been around the block’ and bring experience and knowledge across a variety of HR disciplines.
- Knows how to hustle. You can adapt to changing environments and thrive when things move fast. You’re not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and go the extra mile to get things done.
- Seeks freshness. You look for inspiration in unexpected places.
- Can take a joke. You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You’ve got a sense of humor and passion for PSI that makes it easy to connect with fellow teammates and staff.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?
Please complete the following application by 11:59 EST on Tuesday September 8. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a potential candidate, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by the PSI team. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!