Senior Policy Associate – Girls’ Education
- J-PAL Africa
- West Africa (pref. Senegal, Nigeria, CI)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please complete the J-PAL Africa application form including a brief registration details as well as your CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 800 words). Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Where to Apply
J-PAL Africa is seeking a passionate and strategic Senior Policy Associate to support policy outreach activities to boost girls enrollment and learning in West Africa. The Senior Policy Associate will work to scope policy gaps in the girls’ education space in West Africa as well as leverage those policy gaps to implement evidence-based interventions and/or generate opportunities for matchmaking with affiliated researchers to support new intervention design. The Senior Policy Associate will receive guidance from the J-PAL Africa Policy Manager and Associate Director as well as from the global education and gender teams.
J-PAL Africa is looking for candidates who are currently based and able to work in Nigeria, Senegal or Côte d’Ivoire. They are open to other location options in West-Africa if aligned to strategic priorities. Please specify these in your application.
- Desk research to scope policy priorities on girls’ education in five key focus countries.
- Cultivate and support relationships with key policy makers/practitioners in West Africa and regularly engage them to identify and assess policy needs and priorities.
- Provide technical assistance, in partnership with affiliated researchers where necessary, to support the development of government partners’ policy and programmatic responses.
- Disseminate evidence on interventions that might address the challenges around girls’ education and assess applicability to new contexts using the generalisability framework.
- Support a needs assessment where useful.
- Support programme implementation by identifying supporting partners and convening stakeholders around programmatic objectives. If necessary, support process monitoring by reviewing the choice of measurable indicators
- Where relevant, support matchmaking between government officials and policy makers to test new interventions with a preference for rapid RCTs.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
For more information : https://www.povertyactionlab.org/careers/senior-policy-associate-girls-education-west-africa-j-pal-africa-103420