Senior Renewable Energy Engineer
- Build Health International
- Beverly, MA (Remote Start)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; a cover letter is preferred, but optional.
- Where to Apply
Build Health International (BHI) has a unique opportunity for a motivated and committed Senior Renewable Energy Engineer who is interested in international development and social justice. The Senior Renewable Energy Engineer will be responsible for leading the design of solar energy projects, growing BHI’s renewable energy team, and bringing new products and ideas to fruition. If you are a forward thinking, impact driven professional that is good at building relationships with different stakeholders and teams, this role may be for you.Background
BHI designs, builds and equips sustainable healthcare infrastructure in some of the most resource-constrained regions of the world. With an experienced staff of global health, architecture, engineering, and construction experts, they are dedicated to providing high-quality, dignified and accessible treatment to the poor in collaboration with their international nonprofit partners. BHI has been a pioneer in low-resource healthcare design and engineering, in first Haiti and now in over twenty African countries. They helping hospitals and clinics with energy planning and management, including developing renewable energy systems, with a strong emphasis on solar/PV micro grids. Energy work is becoming increasingly vital to the global health sector, and BHI is looking to significantly expand their services for the organizations they serve.Responsibilities
– Lead the design of solar energy projects; manage project execution and client expectations to adhere to budget, schedule, and scope.
– Lead development of new tools to support design and sizing of microgrid systems, and corresponding budgets.
– Coordinate and oversee comprehensive energy assessments and alternation energy studies with partners in low-resource settings; manage the coupling of new energy systems with existing or new facilities to be designed and built by BHI’s Architecture & Engineering team.
– Support the timely development of engineering documents, equipment lists and budgets.
– Negotiate with vendors and suppliers along with procurement team to obtain the most suitable and durable components at the best price.
– Provide technical support partner organizations for proposal development and writing; review grant proposals.
– Present and meet with funders to obtain funding for projects; prepare financial reports.
– Represent BHI at meetings, conferences and symposiums to build new relationships and raise the profile of BHI’s renewable energy work;
– Oversee schedules budgets, cost reporting and procurement for multiple projects.Required
– Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical Engineering or renewable energy. 5-10 years’ experience in renewables industry, with an emphasis on PV systems. Experience with off-grid systems preferred, but not required.
– Sufficient technical proficiency to review drawings and concepts to ensure the systems are properly sized and will function efficiently.
– Interest and ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, driven environment; high level of integrity, a strong work ethic, and confidence.
– Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborate successfully.
– Strong awareness and understanding of trends in the industry and innovations.
– Ability to successfully adjust plans and goals based changing landscape of resources, opportunities and strategy.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Good written and oral communication.
– Ability and willingness to occasionally travel to project sites settings in the Caribbean, Latin American, and Africa.Preferred
– Master’s degree electrical or mechanical Engineering or renewable energy.
– Proficiency in Spanish or French.
– Experience with Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and/or Revit.