Senior Software Developer
- Vecna Cares
- Cambridge, MA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
VecnaCares, a humanitarian technology NGO, currently deploys technology solutions in over 7 developing countries, primarily in low resource settings. Our team is developing low-cost and easy-to-use technologies that close the information gaps between patients, caregivers and health systems wherever it is needed. Our flagship product, the Clinical Patient Administration Kit (CliniPAK™), plays a key role in forwarding our global health and primary care initiatives and serving tens of thousands of patients in disaster and humanitarian relief efforts. Some of the projects that we are currently working on include: the development of an electronic medical records system for refugee camps and rural health facilities in Kenya, Zanzibar, Haiti, and Nigeria; deployment of an application to monitor safe births in labor wards in Kenya; and a data management system for athlete data for the Special Olympics. To learn more about us, please go to: https://www.vecnacares.org/ We are looking for an enthusiastic senior software developer who is passionate about making a positive real-world impact. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to support various implementations!
• Develop features and functionality that span the technology stack for rapid deployment and evaluation in the field.
• Collaborate with UI/UX designers, project managers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance test engineers to deliver robust health system platforms.
• Shape and align product roadmap based upon client needs and market opportunities.
• Develop and follow coding conventions, architectures and best practices.
• Perform peer code review to ensure quality code is being deployed.
• Advise, mentor and manage members of the team.
• 3 – 5 years of software development experience.
• Experience mentoring junior developers is required.
• Experience with open source projects, including OpenMRS or DHIS2 preferred.
• Bachelors Degree required; Masters degree preferred.
• Cambridge, MA