- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Strategist at Purpose, you will be responsible for defining the strategy for Purpose’s creative campaigns and leading multi-disciplinary project teams to help change the world.
You will lead the development and delivery of strategy workstreams and projects. You will collaborate closely with our Campaigns and Creative teams to bring the best of Purpose to each project. You will become fluent in Purpose’s participation frameworks and IP and will adapt them to diverse campaign goals. You will contribute to business development by identifying and pursuing opportunities in your network and on your projects. You will oversee the work and support the development of junior team members.
You will work out of Purpose’s London Office and will report to senior members of the Strategy team. The Senior Strategy role is a permanent position.
In this role, you will:
• Conduct research (primary and secondary) into a wide variety of issues, including the political, economic, social and cultural contexts that drive these problems
• Develop clear and concise analyses of the challenges we are trying to solve
• Synthesise research & analyses into thought-provoking robust insights, recommendations and opportunities for campaigns
• Develop strategies for how campaigns can effectively deliver change,
• Develop the compelling presentations, reports, and emails that clearly articulate campaign strategies
• Collaborate closely with campaigns, creative, technology, and research and data teams, briefing them on the project and drawing on their respective expertise to help inform and bring campaigns to life
• Manage junior team members to ensure the production of high-quality work
• Set high standard for quality and efficiency of work products, and manage upward to flag concerns in a timely manner.
• Present work to clients in a clear and well-structured manner, and facilitate trainings and convenings
• Build relationships with multiple client contacts, growing trust and rapport as a go-to advisor
• Identify and manage business development opportunities, including responding to RFPs, approaching new clients, attending events, and coordinating in BD meetings
• 5+ years of work experience with at least 2 years in a client-facing role leading projects and managing teams in a deadline-driven environment
• A strategy background, ideally from a leading communications, advertising, or creative agency, non-profit advocacy organisation, or consultancy with a demonstrated track record developing campaign strategies that engage and mobilize audiences and leading small teams
• The ability to think creatively, imagining how campaigns come to life not just as strategy, but as stories, content, and experiences for different audiences
• Client-facing and relationship-building experience
• A high bar for quality, rigour and integrity in your own and colleagues\’ work
• Demonstrated track record and/or interest in political or issue-based campaigning and advocacy
• Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have
• Formal and/or structured on-the-job research & analysis training
• Experience in brand/campaign strategy (Defining long-term strategic goals, target audience and insight, unique value proposition and differentiation)
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of colour, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilisation and storytelling to help the leading non-profit organisations, activists, philanthropies, and businesses engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change culture. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, technology, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Over the years we’ve helped to change hearts, minds and policy on everything from refugees, to poverty, to climate change.