Senior Strategy Associate
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please use this link a detailed cover letter and CV
- Where to Apply
ROLE: Senior Strategy Associate, New Business Models
ABOUT FUTURE INITIATIVES
The Future Initiatives team is responsible for designing citywide sanitation business models for scaling Sanergy’s operations, with the goal of maximizing the number of people served through cost neutral or profitable solutions. To achieve these goals, the Future Initiatives team supports two key work streams:
● New Products & Services – Identify and pilot new sanitation products and services
that enable us to reach more people and safely manage more waste.
● New Business Models – Optimize the business model for existing products and
services, as well as develop partnerships for adjacent products and services.
Fresh Life’s network has grown rapidly, and we now serve over 150,000 people in Nairobi with plans to scale to 1M people in Nairobi and 1M people in new geographies by 2025. Through our product and service offerings, we are currently able to provide safe sanitation at a cost of $14 per person/year, which is only 25% of the annualized cost to provide safe sanitation using sewers.
We now aim to bring the cost/person/year to $0, through a combination of gained cost efficiencies and the identification of new revenue streams.
● Work directly with the Director of Future Initiatives and in close coordination with the
senior leadership team to develop a strategy for the new business models and market
● Define key evaluation metrics to determine which revenue generating initiatives should
be prioritized based on cost effectiveness, feasibility, and opportunity for scale
● Pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize revenue streams through existing
channels and/or new channels and through partnerships
● Drive improvements in customer insight by combining existing data with a deep
understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted
interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback
● Support development of framework and analysis to determine market expansion
priorities and timelines
● In close collaboration with Sales, Logistics, New Products & Services, and Finance,
design and implement tests that generate the necessary data to make strategic
decisions about our growth plan
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll work in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment and play an intricate role in shaping all aspects of the Future Initiatives team strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to frequently lead workstreams and present results to our senior leadership team, interact with our customers, and figure out how to turn insights into operational execution. The expectation is that you will rapidly grow in the role, taking on new challenges and responsibilities as you go.