Senior Supply Chain Innovation Manager
- GoodWeave International
- Contact Information
- To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: Mr. Mike Ingenthron Director of Finance and Operations GoodWeave International 2001 S Street, NW, Suite 510 Washington, DC 20009 E-mail: Personnel@GoodWeave.org
POSITION TITLE: Senior Supply Chain Innovation Manager
ORGANIZATION: GoodWeave International (GWI) (www.goodweave.org)
POSITION LOCATION: Washington, DC, India or Nepal
About the Organization:
GoodWeave International is an international nonprofit organization working to end child labor in global supply chains. Focusing first on the South Asian carpet industry, GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for rugs bearing its best-in-class certification label, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families.
By creating this new position, GoodWeave seeks to bring a dynamic, entrepreneurial manager on board to build the capacity of country program teams to deliver consistent technical support to the hundreds of exporters and suppliers who comprise GoodWeave’s licensed supply chains throughout India, Nepal and Afghanistan. Working at the cutting edge of technology and social entrepreneurship, the Senior Supply Chain Innovation Manager (SSCIM) will lead the digitization of GoodWeave’s existing monitoring and inspections process and develop tools and approaches to help carpet companies meet the GoodWeave standard. Beyond the rug industry, the SSCIM will also work strengthen the ability of brick kilns to meet a new standard as part of a pioneering effort to develop an ethical, high-quality “better brick” in Nepal.
Specific Duties Include:
· Lead the field-based implementation of a technology grant to digitize the collection and analysis of monitoring and inspection data working in close coordination with GWI staff, the designated technology firm, and key corporate partners.
· Regularly visit country programs and producers together with local GoodWeave staff to thoroughly understand producer support needs across all tiers of the supply chain.
· Develop approaches, tools and materials to holistically support producers in their efforts to achieve compliance with the GoodWeave standard (e.g., sample terms and conditions of work, age verification systems).
· Train and work with local staff to adapt these approaches to local context while maintaining uniform content across countries.
· Work with international and local teams to develop and communicate the business case for adopting the GoodWeave standard, including documentation of case studies.
· Contribute to fundraising efforts related to GWI’s supply chain programs.
Experience and Qualifications:
The SSCIM is a person who loves being in the field and who can comfortably and effectively communicate at all levels with local staff, donors, business leaders, workers, community members and international and local government officials, both verbally and in writing. S/he has a strong grasp of technology, quickly and accurately assesses new situations, and is a big picture thinker who is able draw connections across a range of programmatic areas and activities. Ideally, s/he will also have:
· +3 years experience working in labor rights and corporate supply chains in South Asia;
· Strong communication skills, including cross-cultural and donor communication, as well as report and grant writing;
· Background in worker rights and labor issues;
· Knowledge of certification standards and systems;
· Experience working with mobile technology, databases, data tracking and reporting;
· Experience implementing field-level training, including training tools development and workshop facilitation;
· Willingness to travel more than 50% of time.
Conditions of Employment:
GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave offers a health care and dental plan, a simple 401K retirement plan, paid vacation and nine paid holidays per year.
Reports to: Deputy Director