- Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior/Investment Manager is responsible building CII’s debt portfolio, including business development, conducting due diligence, structuring & negotiating transactions and managing relationships with investee companies. The position facilitates communication at all levels, balances resources to achieve objectives, and establishes accountability for results.
*Prospecting and sourcing Debt proposals of CII through professional networking and fieldwork. * Preparation of presentations or marketing materials for use in client coverage, business development activities, conferences, etc.
* Develop a suitable pipeline for the CII target sectors by developing a pipe line development plan for specific sectors.
* Develop industry relations with PE/VC funds, banks, financial institutions, Industry associations.
Transaction Execution & Relationship Management:
* Initial analysis of the Portfolio Company’s operations and financials to determine suitability for CII Debt.
* Manage and conduct end to end loan process from due diligence, risk analysis, preparation of credit notes and presentation to credit committee, structuring of debt transactions, negotiations with clients and ensure timely turnaround.
* Establish and maintain portfolio company relationships and take remedial measures in case of stresses in portfolio.
* Identify opportunities to support investee companies through knowledge sharing and connecting to relevant ecosystems.
* Ongoing knowledge building in the CII Target Sectors to help identify emerging avenues of investment. Conduct research and analysis of sector, market and regulatory environment as required to support knowledge building
CASPIAN’S MISSION AND VISION
Caspian, incorporated in Dec 2004 and registered with SEBI as an investment manager, invests in socially responsible, multiple bottom line businesses delivering financial and social value.
We deploy private capital into sectors including financial inclusion (microfinance, small business financing), food & agribusiness, healthcare, education, clean energy, last mile banking and affordable housing. Through our funds we have invested in several path finding entrepreneurs who have changed the course of their respective industries.
We have set up four impact funds/initiatives so far – Bellwether Microfinance Fund, India Financial Inclusion Fund, Caspian Impact Investments and Caspian SME Impact Fund. The firm currently has over INR 1000 Cr under management.
THE CASPIAN CULTURE – THE TEAM YOU WILL JOIN
Caspian is a meritocracy and is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment to all members of our team. You will be an important part of our organization and will have a key role in our continuing success. Working as a team is critically important at Caspian. Our organization is lean and requires efficient solutions, unencumbered by excessive bureaucracy. As a result, we work together to find the most innovative answers, maintaining an environment that is very entrepreneurial.
THE IMPACT INDUSTRY AND CASPIAN’S SUCCESSES
Impact investments are investments that are intended to create positive impact beyond financial returns. Caspian has been a pioneer and is one of the key players in the Indian impact investing space.
Fund I: Our first equity fund, Bellwether, established in 2005, was the first private domestic equity investor focused on Microfinance and was set up with the single-minded focus of catalyzing Microfinance in India. The Fund incubated several startups in geographically diverse and un/underserved locations. A number of startup MFIs funded by Bellwether are now amongst the leaders in the microfinance industry. This was the first Indian impact fund to return money to its investors.
Fund II: Our second equity fund, India Financial Inclusion Fund (“IFIF”), established in 2008 had a broader financial inclusion mandate and made pioneering investments in affordable housing in the country. The fund, currently in exit mode, has significant holdings in three of the recent small finance bank licensees.
Fund III: Our third initiative, Caspian Impact Investments (“CII”), is an NBFC registered with the Reserve Bank of India. CII provides debt to businesses engaged in SME financing, Microfinance, Affordable Housing, Food & Agribusiness, Clean Energy & Energy Efficiency and Healthcare. CII is a permanent business with no fixed term.
Fund IV: Our fourth initiative, Caspian SME Impact, is a domestic Category II Alternative Investment Fund registered with SEBI. The fund will invest in SME financing, Food & Agribusiness, Clean Energy & Energy Efficiency and other impact sectors.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.caspian.in for more information on the firm. More details on Fund III can be found at http://cii.caspian.in/