Small Business Energy Ambassador
- Net Impact
- San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose
- Job Type
- Contact Information
Earn money providing energy education to businesses in your community!
Net Impact is offering the perfect short-term job for people interested in learning more about energy efficiency while also helping businesses in their local community conserve energy and decrease their carbon footprint. As an Energy Ambassador, you will visit local small business owners for approximately 30 minutes at a time to explain how they can monitor and reduce their energy use. You will NOT be selling anything to businesses; you will be providing energy education and helping them conserve energy while cutting down costs.
Net Impact will provide all Ambassadors with a toolkit, an in-person training session, and ongoing advice and support. Each Ambassador will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet to show small businesses owners energy-savings tools live.
Compensation & Benefits
• $100 weekly stipend for the first two weeks
• $30 for each successful visit with a small business owner. If working 30 hours per week, the average Ambassador should be able to visit 30+ businesses per week. Over the course of twelve weeks, the earning potential is about $10,800
• A free Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet with protective cover to keep, provided a minimum number of 30 visits is met
• At least 18 years old
• Personable and comfortable speaking with all types of people
• Able to work the areas of San Francisco city and county, city of San Jose, and/or the East Bay
• Prior experience in sales/marketing required
• Able to speak Spanish, Vietnamese, Cantonese, or other Bay Area languages a plus
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A short explanation of why you are interested in this job
Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Energy Ambassador”) in the subject line of your email.
Duration: 2-week temporary position with a possibility of extension. Must be available to start as of February 1st, 2017.
Hours: 30+ hours per week to complete around 360 businesses at the end of the twelve weeks.
Location: In your community around the San Francisco Bay Area
Net Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation.