SME Advisor (Mini-Grids)
- GVEP International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
GVEP is an international advisory organization supporting the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. We deliver demand-driven, practical, and customised support to SMEs, project developers, social enterprises, and micro-enterprises that provide renewable energy services to off-grid communities.
Our team of 90 people includes primarily locally based professionals who are supported by a small head office in London.
This role involves
- Working with mini-grid project developers and providing them technical, financial and business advisory support.
- Work with mini-grid project developers on capital raising support and help the project developer in tapping various source of finance (grant/equity/debt) for both early stage as well as later stage of the project.
- Work with the mini-grid companies and help them with site identification and other project development support for the entire life-cycle of the project.
- Conducting advisory engagements (which span strategy consulting, investment readiness, partnership facilitation, project development support, and “customized projects”) with mini-grids project developers, renewable energy SMEs & social enterprises.
- Supporting clients to access financing, and using GVEP institutional knowledge and relationships with financiers, investment requirements, and transaction structures to advise clients and help them be successful in closing transactions.
- Developing pipeline projects that fit GVEP’s priorities/capabilities with current or new clients.
- Helping to develop GVEP’s internal processes and knowledge of technologies, business models, regulatory issues, financing process, etc.
- Delivering high quality work product and providing high quality inputs to colleagues, with attention to detail and a focus on results.
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GVEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.