- GVEP International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Job title: SME Advisor
Reports to: Director, Advisory Services
Based in: Nairobi, Kenya (with periodic travel in East Africa)
This role is within Advisory Services, a Nairobi-based team of professionals from a range of private
sector backgrounds including investment banking and private equity, management consulting, law,
entrepreneurship, infrastructure project development, micro-finance and engineering.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Conducting advisory engagements (which span strategy consulting, investment readiness,
partnership facilitation, project development support, and “customized projects”) with renewable
energy SMEs, social enterprises and project developers.
• Supporting clients to access financing, and using GVEP institutional knowledge and
relationships with financiers, investment requirements, and transaction structures to advise
clients and help them be successful in closing transactions.
• Developing pipeline projects that fit GVEP’s priorities/capabilities with current or new clients.
• Helping to develop GVEP’s internal processes and knowledge of technologies, business
models, regulatory issues, financing process, etc.
• Delivering high quality work product and providing high quality inputs to colleagues, with
attention to detail and a focus on results.
- 5+ years experience in management or strategic consulting or financial advisory,
- 5+ years experience in energy project development, operations, or financing; or experience in early-stage entrepreneurship,
- Experience as an early-stage business building as an entrepreneur, investor (PE/VC/impact investing), or other service provider e.g. incubation.
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good team building and motivational skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals and deliver.
- Ability to see the big picture and connect the dots – a strategic mind.
- A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and entrepreneurial environment with a team from diverse backgrounds.
- Passionate about working in the impact space.
- Experience working with rural and off-grid business models and technologies, and an understanding of unique challenges faced by businesses operating in Africa.
To apply, please send your CV to peter.george[at]gvepinternational.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please click here.