Social Enterprise Careers in South Asia
- Impact Business Leaders
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To Apply:Applications for IBL@ISB in South Asia are available here: http://www.impactbusinessleaders.com/our-program/iblindia-2015/ For information on all of our programs, visit www.impactbusinessleaders.com.For more information, contact Kim Hendler, Business Development, Khendler@impactbusinessleaders.com
Impact Business Leaders (IBL) provides business professionals with 5 to 15 years of experience with career opportunities in for-profit social enterprises aiming for social impact. Our ideal 20-25 candidates have strong prior finance and/or technical experience and are looking to advance their careers in social enterprise and impact investing.
IBL offers a social enterprise orientation workshop, personalized career guidance, and career advancing job opportunities with social enterprises and impact investors in South Asia.
92 experienced professionals from around the world have participated in IBL’s programs, including 11 professionals IBL has placed to date with 8 social enterprises in India. While IBL cannot guarantee jobs, 90% of participants seeking jobs have secured them.
After successful programs at Saïd Business School at Oxford University and at Darden Business School at the University of Virginia, IBL is excited to announce IBL@ISB in South Asia in partnership with the Indian School of Business from 5-11 October 2015. To apply, visit our program page.
Why Choose IBL
- Individualized social enterprise career advising from IBL’s Founder, David Kyle, who has extensive experience in social enterprise and impact investing in India, including launching Acumen’s first office in India and founding the Indian School Finance Company, a social enterprise extending loans to affordable private schools across the country. Both companies were originally headquartered in Hyderabad.
- Exclusive, 7 day, graduate-level, orientation workshop led by current practitioners who have built successful impact investing or social enterprise organizations active in India. The workshop is highly interactive and personalized, resulting in a lasting network among participants and instructors.
- Job Opportunities with career building jobs in social enterprises and impact investors. While hiring decisions are in the hands of partners, 90% of participants seeking jobs have secured them.
- International Network of fellow participants, IBL alumni, and instructors to support participants as they progress in their social enterprise careers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
IBL is looking for a diverse group of participants who meet the following guidelines.
- From 5 to 15 years of work experience
- Expertise in finance, investing, or a technical role
- Interest in a career contributing to South Asian communities through social enterprise
- Strong analytical and communications skills and tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Graduate degree (undergraduate degree and significant experience will be considered)
IBL@ISB in South Asia Deadlines
Round 1: 12 July 2015
For more information, contact Kim Hendler, Business Development, Khendler@impactbusinessleaders.com