Social Enterprise Internship
- Fair Earth Foundation
- Job Type
- Funded Placement
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send an email stating your interest in the Erasmus funded enterprise internship with a copy of your CV
- Where to Apply
This internship is for young individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and business mind-set. They are currently working on a variety of projects connected to ecotourism, fair trade and education, with a focus on encouraging Global Citizenship and ethical living throughout.
These projects are tackling issues on a local, national and global scale and the programme will be particularly looking at social enterprises and creative ideas for new ventures.
They are interested in developing business plans for local ecotourism providers or regional/national authorities (boutique hotels, scuba diving schools, vegan restaurants, stargazing activities, trekking holidays, etc.)
These projects will involve real clients and the required business plan will need to look at local and international opportunities for the business in question. It will be necessary to analyse commercial strengths and weaknesses, both locally and internationally, as well as business opportunities in both spheres and the identification of routes to market and appropriate marketing strategies. It will also be expected to make appropriate financial forecasts including cash flow and capital requirements and to identify sources of funding.
It would also be acceptable to look at developing a robust business plan for the business idea of the intern.
What they are offering?
• Mentoring support throughout the programme to ensure that you produce the best work possible.
• Space to develop your personality and skill set through various activities and role-plays (writing business plan, pitching to the investor, team building, evaluation of your leadership style.)
• A resource centre with the latest business books and journals.
• A tremendous organisational culture with like-minded people that are contributing to the common goal – trying to save the world!
• On-going consultation with the client(s) to include a final presentation and, if deemed viable, a presentation with the client to a panel of potential business angels in Tenerife.
• Involvement in their research on the whale watching boats and an array of heavily discounted activities on the island.
• Development of your professional network through them and their global connections.
• If of interest, they can assign you to clients in south and southeast Asia and West Africa through their fair trade networks. The work would be carried out in Tenerife with client relations conducted via web based conference platforms. There will be a very special prize for the best such business plan in that they will facilitate the presentation in the country of the client – Vietnam, Ghana, Sri Lanka, etc.
These internship placements are funded by Erasmus so the intern will receive a stipend of 50 euros a week plus flights, transport, accommodation and food covered.