Social Media Manager
- Seattle Think Tank
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Min Experience: Mid Level
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We are a small think-tank focused on incubating ideas, approaches, and products to improve the lives of people — particularly the bottom two billion poorest. Our work covers some of the most pressing global challenges, particularly the following three initiatives:
• Global Health — saving lives in the developing world.
• Education — ensuring every child in the US has access to, and obtains a great education.
• Clean Energy — developing affordable clean energy technology to meet the world’s growing demand without contributing to climate change.
We partner with a number of global organizations, including the UN, World Bank, ONE Campaign, GAVI, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS: SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
You will support all facets of outbound social media campaigns, working as part of an integrated team comprised of creative, media and strategy functions.
In this role, you will focus on preparing and executing campaigns across multiple channels, spanning Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and emerging platforms. Your role will include all aspects of operation, including content development and editorial programming, campaign planning and execution, community management, channel optimization, paid media planning, measurement, and reporting.
Telling compelling stories about the world’s toughest challenges requires holistic thinking, big ideas, and smart outreach. But it’s not just about storytelling. We want people to take action and directly support key global causes — health, education, and clean energy.
Specific objectives will include expanding the reach of the network among key target demographics, maintaining high engagement levels throughout, and providing support for broader media campaigns.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The Outcomes From Your Work
• You will be a driving force in building our brand, representing the organization, and using our brand’s voice to move people to action.
• You will be a key contributor to a fast-paced, ambitious, and talented team focused on improving lives throughout the world by focusing on initiatives in global health, education, and energy.
• Your hard work and recommendations will help shape our strategy, language, and content, reaching worldwide networks and audiences.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
• You will hone your expertise in developing content, integrating messages across multiple channels and outlets.
• You will help create KPIs and frameworks on how to most effectively measure success based on our overall goals.
• You will gain unique experience in working with philanthropic organizations, learning how to engage online communities and empower action.
• You will work with and learn from an incredibly sharp, innovative, and connected team who is invested in your development and opening doors for your career trajectory.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits
• You will have support and encouragement to seek out and take on professional development opportunities that make sense for you and your career.
• You will enter into an environment where we practice what we preach, by collaborating together, brainstorming in team sessions, and lending a hand to our teammates.
• You will thrive in a healthy amount of ambiguity, developing your ability to flourish with autonomy and adaptability.
WHO YOU ARE…
• A Digital Manager – You have 3-5 years of full-time, relevant work experience and demonstrated success at managing a large, diverse social network spanning multiple channels and geographies.
• A Data-driven Decision Maker – You live in the details and love data. You always want concrete evidence to contribute to your recommendations for the path forward.
• An Idea Generator – You leverage opportunities. Your ideas shoot off like rocket fire and you can imagine possibilities left and right. You’ve envisioned and built strong social campaigns and initiatives to drive long term results.
• A Humble Team Collaborator – No task is too big or too small. Your humble and self-motivated nature will lend perfectly to work well with our creative, program, and media teams.
• An Accurate Planner – You have keen ability to assess what is happening now, what needs to happen in the future, and how to appropriately get there. You know media channels like the back of your hand and you always plug the right channel in at the right time.
• An Articulate Engager – You have a reputation for being particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You are comfortable presenting to, and engaging with, various audiences, whether executives or interns.
Please complete your application to the role of Social Media Manager at Seattle Think Tank through this link – http://bit.ly/1Vwxaop. Although applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, priority will be given to those submitted by Monday, April 11th, 2016; therefore we encourage you to forward yours soon!
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Greater Seattle Area. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!