Social Media Strategist
- Accion International
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Accion is currently seeking a Social Media Strategist who has a passion for digital media to join our growing and innovative team.
The Social Media Strategist will be an essential role in the Communications function, working to raise Accion’s profile in the financial inclusion and fintech space. This position will work closely with the Director of Digital Communications to ensure that Accion’s digital strategy includes a well thought-out social media plan that leverages our powerful content. This position will be responsible for implementing social media best practices, while preserving the reputation of the brand. In addition to the day-to-day management of Accion’s social media channels, this position will also be responsible for creating and editing content for the social media channels, the websites, the blogs, or in email-marketing.
The position will report to the Director of Digital Communications.
– Drive the creation of the new digital strategy with social media best practices.
– Plan, write, and publish compelling content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, our WordPress Blog, and potentially new channels.
– Manage all Accion social media, interact with users, and flag inappropriate behavior.
– Increase traffic to Accion’s website by using social media campaigns and paid advertisements.
– Design and produce creative and easily sharable graphics for social media, email, and web.
– Create online-friendly infographics, edit photos, and use videos to translate articles into absorbable content.
– Work with the Resource Development team to manage email calendar, write email content, and design the templates.
– Keep up with latest trends and advances in social media and content strategy to keep Accion cutting edge.
– Opportunity to project manage communication projects with large digital components.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in independent daily management of social media for a medium-to-large organization, preferably in international development or finance
– Minimum of 2 years of experience with graphic design
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Proven ability to drive strategy with minimal or no supervision
– Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization and social media analytics
– Proficiency of Adobe programs such as: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
– Knowledge of HTML a plus
– International development or financial services industry background preferred
– Full knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
– Self-starter, organized, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and solid team spirit
– Proven ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
– Deep interest in international development and in our mission
– Willingness to embody Accion’s values of Excellence, Respect and Passion for Social Change
– Be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
Please apply directly at: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1790/social-media-strategist/job