Solar Energy Finance Fellow
- Washington DC, New York, Europe, or Nairobi
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Responsibilities: SunFunder’s Solar Energy Finance Fellow will support SunFunder’s efforts to raise capital for solar companies and projects in emerging markets. The Fellow will draft grant proposals, develop robust impact reports, and increase SunFunder’s media presence. The Fellow will work closely with our CLO and CEO, and engage with a wide cross-section of the solar, energy access and impact investment communities.
The role is well suited someone looking to build a career in clean energy finance, energy access, impact investing and/or sustainable development. It offers ample opportunity to develop substantive skills related to the core aspects of SunFunder’s business, and the possibility of transitioning into a permanent position.
Key tasks will include:
1. Solar Energy Finance activities
– Pursue Green Climate Fund accreditation for SunFunder
– Draft grant proposals related to energy access, impact investment, gender investing, etc.
– Draft first loss and guaranty applications to support SunFunder’s debt facilities
– Develop Investor Relations communications policies in coordination with the Legal and –
Corporate Finance teams;
– Identify industry conferences and represent SunFunder as needed;
2. Energy access impact reporting
– Help produce quarterly impact updates to be included in investor reporting
– Coordinate with solar companies, investors and other stakeholders on impact-related queries;
– Support the advancement of SunFunder’s impact methodology in coordination with key actors in the energy access community.
3. Media and communications lead
– Develop new content by collaborating with our global team on blog pieces, articles and industry-leading white papers;
– Build our presence on social media and coordinate dissemination of press releases
– Further our relationship with the media;
– Assist with brand strategy, including design work on both online and offline communications tools.
What We’re Looking For:
– Passionate commitment to creating social, environmental and economic impact through innovative clean energy finance
– Prior knowledge/familiarity with emerging markets, solar energy, and/or finance.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and willing/able to learn new tools/systems
– Experience developing a media profile and/or other public relations or fundraising activities.
– Academic excellence in a relevant discipline (master’s degree preferred) and at least one year of professional experience.
– SunFunder is a distributed team that includes 11 nationalities. As such, the ideal candidate is someone who over-communicates, is highly organized and results-oriented.
– Hunger for helping to build an early-stage business in an entrepreneurial environment.
– Willingness to challenge the way we’re doing things, “get your hands dirty” and perform unglamorous roles from time to time, as well as the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
– Other qualities that are important to us: a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, low-ego, and a good sense of humor.
Compensation: The Fellow will be offered a one year contract with a monthly stipend. It is SunFunder’s hope that after the year-long fellowship, we will be able to offer the Fellow a permanent position. We offer a unique work culture for an ambitious company that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented international team.
Application: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please tell us why you are the right person for this job (bonus points for brevity). Email title: “Fellow”.