Sr. Manager/Manager – Business Planning and Financial Modelling
- TechnoServe India
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a word-formatted/pdf single document that includes a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com
TechnoServe is a nonprofit economic development firm focused for the last forty seven years on creating business solutions to poverty. We work closely with women and men in rural and urban areas of developing countries to build enterprises that generate income, create livelihood opportunities and fuel economic growth. We are headquartered in the United States and operate in more than 30 countries. TechnoServe has been active in India since June 2006. Our team members are mostly from top tier organizations and have made a conscious decision to serve the poor with an aspiration to make a sustainable difference. More information can be found at www.technoserve.org.
TechnoServe in India typically focuses on agricultural value chain development, social entrepreneurship and innovative partnership models to enhance livelihood opportunities for the poor. The India operations have grown at an exponential pace over the past seven years and have to its credit some path-breaking work, executed across various states in India, including North East, Bihar, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Karnataka etc.
- Type of Role: Full time
- Location: Mumbai
- Grade: Mid-Senior Management
- Travel: Upto 60% of the time within India. International Travel, as per requirement
TechnoServe India has a well-established practice area around supporting Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), and its interventions have helped several FPOs considerably scale up their level of business activities, revenues, margins, profits as well as deliver significant impact to member farmers through better incomes and improved access to agri-support services. Drawing from our strengths in working with producers across the works as well as some path-breaking work in India, TechnoServe has developed world class delivery capability on Farmer Producer Organizations. Our FPO level intervention is delivered through a wide variety of mediums such as (i) intensive trainings, (ii) on-the-ground mentorship support to CEOs, (iii) market linkage supports, (iv) support to access commercial finance, (v) addressing governance related issues etc.
TechnoServe remains interested in the FPO space and expects this practice area to grow manifold in the years to come. To support growth of the FPO practice area, we are looking to hire a Manager/Senior Manager who is a specialist in Business Planning and Financial Modelling. The Manager/Sr Manager will be responsible for providing leadership support to various project teams that work with Farmer Producer Organizations and Producer Groups. She/he will also specifically be responsible for leading design of training curriculums, work to ensure efficacy of training delivery, as well as support/mentor project teams in designing and rolling out their business level interventions.
Some specific tasks are as follows:-
- Provide mentoring support to existing and new project teams on their business level interventions, particularly in helping them streamline community based business plans, strengthen forecasts as well as build user friendly financial models.
- Ensure efficacy of (and strengthen wherever required) TechnoServe India’s training capability, including helping design/refine training curriculum, delivery practices, case examples etc
- Take leadership in activities directed towards commercial finance linkages for producer organizations. This includes maintaining relationships with key financers (Banks, NBFCs, Donors etc), develop and refine usable templates which FPOs can use for effective application making, develop standard operating procedures to make FPOs investment ready etc.
- Help the practice leader in developing the practice area further, including helping develop project ideas, write proposals and pitch ideas to potential clients.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance from a top tier institute or a CA/ICWA.
- At least 7-8 years of experience in business analysis and financial modelling. Experience in Investment Banking and/or Equity Research for Institutional Investors would be preferred.
- Understanding of agriculture or community based organizations would be an added plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to undertake field research, synthesize data and lead problem solving and program design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of Hindi would be an added plus.
- Flexibility to travel extensively
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a word-formatted/pdf single document that includes a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.