Standards Analyst Language Specialist – Portuguese/Spanish
- B Lab
- Berwyn, PA or New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Our vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world and as a result, society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity.
B Lab drives this systemic change by:
1. Building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.
2. Promoting Mission Alignment using innovative corporate structures like the benefit corporation to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses be built to last.
3. Helping tens of thousands of businesses, investors, and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact — and the impact of the businesses with whom they work — with as much rigor as their profits
4. Inspiring millions to join the movement through compelling story-telling
B Lab is a small entrepreneurial non-profit, and this position is a great way to witness and participate in the creation of this new economy on the ground floor. If you have the passion for supporting our work, we have the vehicle. For more information, visit www.bcorporation.net, www.b-analytics.net, and www.benefitcorp.net.
This is an exciting time for the B Corp movement, as we are gaining traction for the certification in Latin America and beyond. Standards Analysts work directly with companies and funds to support them in the process of becoming a Certified B Corporation or GIIRS-Rated by verifying their performance in the B Impact Assessment. The Spanish & English Standards Analyst will use their language and cultural sensitivity skills to support companies through our certification process in the context that is most relevant to them.
• Assist companies in completing the certification or rating process
• Review companies’ Impact Assessment (data about the company’s social and environmental performance (www.bimpactassessment.net)
• Manage companies in validating their assessment responses by phone, supporting documentation, and Onsite Review processes
• Guide companies through the B Corp Legal Framework and legal requirement for certification
• Provide concrete suggestions for companies to improve their score
• Provide basic technical support to companies using the assessment platform
• Assist fund managers, institutional investors, business associations, and industry group networks in adopting the standards for their investees or members.
• Provide continual feedback to the team that manages the Standards to support improving the Standards and the ratings process.
• Provide feedback and support to improve the technology platform.
The individual is responsible for independently managing external relationships with companies. The role reports to the manager of the Standards Analyst team and works closely with others on the Standards Analyst, Standards Development, and Product Development teams internally.
• 2-3 years experience in business, preferably in a role with external-facing responsibility
• Passion for using business to solve social and environmental problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Relentless problem solver with collaborative style
• Facility with Microsoft Suite or Mac equivalents, including Excel; Adobe Acrobat
• Fluency in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese
• Experience and/or interest in impact investing and the financial sector
• Experience in corporate social responsibility, standards, or other areas of business sustainability
• Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
• Willingness to travel 5-6 times a year
• Flexibility to work modified schedules 1-2 days per week (For example, some days may require availability between the hours of 7am and 7pm)
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for goodTM. Its vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the Best for the World® and as a result society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity. B Lab drives this systemic change by:
1. Building a global community of Certified B CorporationsTM who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability;
2. Promoting Mission Alignment using innovative corporate structures like the benefit corporation to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses be built to last;
3. Helping tens of thousands of businesses, investors, and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact—and the impact of the businesses with whom they work—with as much rigor as their profits;
4. Inspiring millions to join the movement through storytelling by B the Change Media.
About Working at B Lab
We treat our employees like family, because they are. And we treat our daily environment like a second home, because it is. Embracing uncertainty, we take initiatives and fail forward together. We take the work, not ourselves seriously – making ample time for fun along the way.
• Medical & Dental Coverage
• 40 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
• Paid Parental Leave
• Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
• Flexible Work Options
Cool Perks at B Lab
• Staff retreats and events
• Many lunches, team dinners and happy hours
• Kitchen stocked full with snacks
• Open and vibrant office space!
• A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.