STEM Fellowship, 2020-2022
- Universe Simplified Foundation
- Vaholi Village, Maharashtra, India
- Job Type
- Full-time Fellowship
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please fill this form to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6xdjAsmKc4n5x-SzBoHlBBeDwFlF14goc4y3J0bIWSWmh0A/viewform
- Where to Apply
- https://universesimplified.org/usf-stem-fellowship/ Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fellowship (launched by Universe Simplified Foundation) is a full time, two-year immersive fellowship during which the fellow will set up and run low cost, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) based Innovation Hubs within low income schools and community centers for rural children. In addition to gaining an in-depth understanding of inquiry-driven and hands-on STEM education, the fellows will also work on multiple social innovation projects (example: smokeless chulla, plastic brick making machine, rice cutting machine, etc) during the course of the fellowship.
Visit link for more details: https://universesimplified.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Working directly with the children and facilitating hands-on, inquiry driven STEM workshops for grades 6 to 10.
– Program execution and operations for the assigned Innovation Hubs.
– Development of STEM-based curriculum and modules.
– Working on innovative projects for rural and urban development. Few examples include a smokeless chulla, water harvesting system and an electric bike.
– Engaging the stakeholders (parents, teachers, and communities) by conducting regular meetings and maintaining the feedback cycle.
– Training/ coordinating with interns.
This is not an exhaustive list.
– Language requirement: English, Hindi & Marathi
– Work experience: Not mandatory
– Minimum education requirement: None
– Should be well versed with MS Office/ Google Docs
– Passionate about the Education Sector
– Love tinkering and making projects
– Excited by Science and Technology
– Want to become a STEM Educator
– Have high motivation and ownership
Stipend: INR 20,000 per month
This is a paid fellowship for individuals interested in the field of STEM Education.