Storytelling and Digital Media Manager
- The Syria Campaign
- Middle East, Europe or US East Coast
- Job Type
- Contact Information
- Kate Staff - email@example.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
The storytelling and media manager will be at the heart of creating campaigns and content that elevates the work of Syria’s heroes to millions around the world.
You are a maker.
You are motivated by ideas and driven to make things happen. You spot opportunities for impact and are comfortable with both scrappy quick turnaround content and large-scale ambitious interventions.
You are curious.
You never stop thinking about the internet and new ways to engage people.
You are creative.
You generate good ideas and can produce stories that can stop the heart and move the mind.
You take risks.
You know that sometimes what is needed hasn’t been done before so you’re willing to take risks to make things happen. You are results-focused and won’t allow process, dogma or jargon to get in the way. You are open to new paths to progress.
You build relationships.
You know that strong relationships and teamwork is the key to getting things done inside the team and with partners beyond.
You are values driven.
You are motivated by a love for humanity. You want to work to support some of humanity’s heroes to get their voices into the world.
The Syria Campaign is a human rights organisation that combines the best elements of creative communication, digital mobilization, storytelling, and political analysis with the aim of supporting the demands of some of the most courageous frontline humanitarians and activists in the world.
You don’t need to be an expert on Syria, we’ve got that covered. We’re looking for people who are motivated by human rights and excited to use their skills to help echo and elevate the work of our Syrian partners including the heroic White Helmets, inspiring Families for Freedom and many, many more.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: THE ESSENTIALS
– Track record of delivering digital or media campaigns that have impact
– Track record of working with traditional and digital media outlets
– A strong news sense and ability to tell a story visually
– Ability to influence and persuade editors and commissioners
– Experience of managing budgets and project teams to deliver specific projects
– Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: THE BIG PLUSES
– Ability to direct, produce and edit footage for news and to a deadline.
– Strong written English across a variety of formats [social, press releases, reports]
– Working relationships with online content platforms [Viral Thread, Now This etc]
– Experience delivering media or communication trainings
The Syria Campaign is committed to making sure everyone on the team is happy, productive and motivated. Here’s how we do that:
Salary is competitive and inline with international organisations.
The job is remote and can be done anywhere in European, Middle Eastern or East Coast US time zones. We have small offices in New York, Beirut and London and provide you with a space in a co-working office wherever you are based. We have full staff retreats twice a year to keep us connected.
We provide budget, time and support for your professional development.
We give 25 days of leave a year, discretionary break over Christmas and New Year and public holidays. We offer family friendly parental leave policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please submit an application by clicking on the link below and include a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how your background has prepared you for this role:
This role will remain open until we find our all-star new member. We are actively reviewing applications as they come in.