Strategic Partnerships Senior Manager
- Living Goods
- Kenya or Uganda
- Where to Apply
Living Goods aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved people by transforming community health services across the developing world. We have developed a model that has been independently proven to reduce child mortality by 26%. And we do this extremely cost-effectively at a net cost of less than $2 per person per year. Our goal now is to scale this impact. But to achieve multi-national scale and to truly create systemic change, we need to do more than grow our own direct operations. We must also scale through large, strategic partnerships with NGOs and with government.
Living Goods presently works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include BRAC, Care International, the Clinton Foundation, Marie Stopes, and PSI. We seek to build on this success and in a big way. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking an innovative and dynamic leader to become Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships. To scale our impact and achieve our mission, Living Goods cannot go it alone. We must partner with other local and international NGOs to implement our model; we must work closely with government; and we must create innovative relationships with institutional funders, corporations and other stakeholders. The Senior Manager, with other members of our Partnerships team, will pioneer, develop and manage many of these partnerships. This is a flexible, exciting role and one that is squarely positioned both at the heart of Living Goods’ strategy, and at the leading edge of our drive towards transformative change.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time role, based in either Nairobi, Kenya, or Kampala, Uganda, you will report to the Vice President Partnerships, and can expect up to 50% travel.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Identify, target, develop and manage strategic partnerships that enable Living Goods to scale the impact of its proven community health outreach model throughout the developing world.
- Develop new implementing partnerships with NGOs and government alongside Living Goods’ own direct operations in Kenya and Uganda. And develop new partnerships with implementers in other countries.
- Provide Living Goods technical assistance to partners and, with the rest of the Partnerships team, be actively involved in the management of Living Goods’ existing relationships with Care in Zambia, and PSI in Myanmar.
- Prospect and develop opportunities for Living Goods to expand its direct operations into new countries.
- Pioneer new high-level relationships with local and central government in Kenya, Uganda and beyond.
- Collaborate closely with Living Goods’ Business Development team in order to develop relationships with, in particular, bilateral and multilateral funders.
- Research and stay abreast of trends and developments in health financing, both globally and in our target countries; bilateral funding opportunites (i.e.: USAID, DFID ); and innovations in community health work.
- Participate in the development of tools, processes and technologies that strengthen Living Goods’ Technical Assistance capability.
- Represent the organization externally at high-level meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Recommend and pursue new strategic initiatives that could advance Living Goods’ mission.
- Be a key member of the Living Goods Strategic Management Team. Contribute to organization-wide strategy and discussion.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ successful experience in strategic partnerships or business development for a global business, international NGO or international development contractor.
- Significant experience in providing technical assistance to government or large institutions.
- Experience in management consulting and/or public health, a major plus.
- Networked within large funding organizations. Experience with proposal development and/or grant management for large funders (e.g. USAID, DFID, Global Fund, Gates Foundation, corporates, etc.)
- Emerging markets experience, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team and driving organizational strategy.
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds.
- Desire to be part of a dynamic, hands-on, highly-motivated team.
- French language skills are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field preferred, e.g. MPH, MPA, etc.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Strategic Partnerships Senior Manager through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods