Strategic Project Consultant
- Gray Matters Capital Foundation
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Gray Matters Capital Foundation (www.graymatterscap.com) is an Impact Investing Enterprise founded by Bob Pattillo. Gray Matters Capital (GMC) actively invests in sustainable, replicable business models that benefit underserved populations in developing countries. Our programs stem from a pioneering spirit of supporting social entrepreneurs and co-creating value with our partners while demonstrating to others that they can create value through service, engagement, and impact investment.
Currently, we are expanding our presence to reach and empower the future generation of impact investors. The premise of this mission is to increase the velocity of capital available to social impact entrepreneurs to address global challenges by providing personalized coaching and mentoring to next-generation impact investors.
To aid in the development of our investor-coaching initiative, we are seeking a Strategic Project Consultant to help in planning and implementation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about impact investing while enjoying a mixed workload, teamwork and interacting with prospect investors, inspirational entrepreneurs and mentors. You must have a passion for supporting social entrepreneurship and helping investors realize their full potential to contribute while also possessing the range of skills and experiences described below.
Title: Strategic Project Consultant
Location: This position will be based in Atlanta, GA – USA.
Duration: February 2016 – July 2016
Commitment: This is a six (6) month part-time (32 hours/week) –or- full-time (40 hours per week) contract position with potential for full-time renewal based on mutual interest from both parties.
• Quickly develop a solid understanding of the impact investment space, trends and ecosystem stakeholders.
• Write short case studies on GMC investees- extracting important lessons learned, outputs and impact stories- to use in communication material.
• Research and develop a pipeline of prospect clients (high net-worth individuals, philanthropists, impact investors) and industry partners based on target market profile.
• Develop trusted relationships with key contacts in the financial and impact investment communities.
• Develop and manage relationships with experts across multiple fields to help provide advice, insight and expertise on project proposals, rapid responses and wider research.
• Support GMC’s CEO by conducting research and material for client meetings, speaking engagements and presentations, including preparation of talking points and presentation materials.
• Refine program start-up plan to ensure it captures all aspects of our activities.
• Develop program overview and briefing material.
• Attend prospect client and partner meetings as needed.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for prospect clients and partners.
• Support Project Lead to design innovative and customized program curriculum structure and material.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a proactive comprehensive client engagement strategy in partnership with the Project Lead and CEO to communicate company strategy to stakeholders.
• Conduct client analysis as needed (quantitative and qualitative analysis, market assessments and opportunity assessments) in support of recommendations and/or client briefing materials.
• Provide business, financial and market intelligence to GMC team and identify industry trends, shareholder concerns and competitor actions that might impact program planning.
• Provide the CEO and Project Lead with feedback related to discussions with the investor community and its reaction to the program strategy, market developments, and external industry-related events.
• Analytical and creative.
• Proactive and able to take initiative.
• Ability to cope under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
• Ability to work with a small team and independently.
• Good attitude, flexible and adaptable nature.
• Comfort with ambiguity and creating structure.
• Possess strong inter-personal, written and oral communication skills.
• Proven leadership skills and experience working in impact investment sector or social enterprise space.
• Strong business acumen, analysis and insights that positively communicate trends and value of impact investment space.
• Self-directed, highly organized, innovative thinker who can manage multiple projects at one time while working and communicating in-person and remotely.
• Have strong research skills and enjoy understanding trends in a nascent yet global industry.
• Be ready to bring the level of creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Persuasive, diplomatic and ability to work joyfully with a variety of people and building trusting relationships – from partner organizations to high net worth individuals.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and always willing to go the extra mile.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills: ability to manage details and organize processes without losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to create compelling presentations, proposals and reports for internal and external use.
• Ability to remain focused and deliver in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Commitment to social change and belief in Gray Matters Capital’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business, finance, or economics a plus); Master’s Degree highly desirable.
• 3 + years’ business / finance / investment experience desirable.
• Ability to travel regionally and internationally as required.
• Familiarity with impact investing and social entrepreneurship a must; experience in impact investing desirable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with high net worth individuals and investors, partners, and the broader impact-investment community.
• Developing world / frontier market experience is a plus.
• Superior project management and research skills.
* PLEASE NOTE: This is not an investment analyst position. This person will report directly to the Project Lead and Executive Director of Gray Matters Capital. We are unable to sponsor those who need work Visas at this time or provide relocation fees to Atlanta, GA.
Please email your: 1) resume, 2) cover letter, 3) one writing sample, 4) salary history and 5) the names of 3 references to email@example.com by January 22, 2016, with the title: “Strategic Project Consultant”. Please note that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.