Strategy and Operations Coordinator
- Accra, Ghana
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Job Description: Ignitia is recruiting a Strategy and Operations Coordinator to work from our offices in Accra, Ghana
Are you a young professional looking to expand your horizons into emerging markets? We are now looking for a Strategy and Operations Coordinator who has the ability to help take Ignitia to the next level.
About the role
As our Strategy and Operations Coordinator, you would be in charge of organizing and synchronizing the schedules and operations of activities within Ignitia. You must be a master communicator to be effective and successful, with the ability to proactively plan and schedule projects across time zones and countries. This requires interacting with outside agencies and organizations as well as making sure that the company’s key personnel are available as needed. Many times, the job will entail simultaneously arranging multiple projects, which requires exemplary scheduling and time management skills. The position might also require you to make travel and hotel arrangements for the company\’s key personnel and to confirm itineraries. You will be able to adapt quickly to change, able to quickly assess the effects of changing circumstances in our dynamic environment, and develop strategies that will help ensure that activities across the company operate in harmony.
● Daily coordination of local operations and sales activities, supporting the global team with our expansion efforts in West Africa
● Support management, including scheduling meetings, preparing materials and reports, and facilitating follow-ups.
● Assist management by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
● Manage calendars and travel, including scheduling, purchasing tickets/hotel, maintenance of travel calendars, coordinating meeting logistics, and processing of reimbursements.
● Development of materials and training to educate new marketing and sales teams and improve the image and branding of the company
● 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, particularly within administration and operations
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Experience in short-term planning, analysis, problem-anticipation and -solving, and customer service; ability to independently investigate solutions to administrative challenges and anticipate leadership needs.
● Demonstrated history of consistently delivering quality outputs in an exciting and dynamic environment
● Used to work with Mac, Word, Google, Social Media, etc.
● Study or work experience abroad is prefered.
● French language competency preferred
● Well-organized, with strong administrative skills and outstanding attention to detail.
● Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
● Strong and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues at all levels. Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies.
● Ability to contribute to remaining flexible and able to adapt to change.
What we offer you
To be part of a dynamic team in an exciting environment. With the growth that we experience and the many markets we now operate in, you get exposure to more learnings opportunity than most smaller companies can offer. Each person makes a difference and we therefore treat each others as equals.
Some little perks are also part of the deal – like home cooked delicious meals every lunch made by our own wonderful chef, or the warm sunsets that can be enjoyed from our office’ balcony….. not to mention the beautiful beaches of Ghana where we usually head out to on the weekends!
Start as soon as possible
The role is located in Ghana, Accra
Please apply on the Workable website. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Ignitia is a high-technology company and social enterprise that has recently developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We serve small-scale farmers in West Africa by sending a daily forecast via SMS, provided in partnership with major telecommunication firms and agricultural B2B organisations.
We started in 2010 as a new research team in physics & meteorology, gathered from different renowned universities and research institutions such as NASA. We set out to tackle the difficult problem of accurately predicting weather in the tropics. It wasn’t easy.
After years of painstaking efforts in developing the algorithms and model, we finally had something we wanted to test in the field. Our first trial in 2013 offered 3,400 small-scale farmers in Ghana seasonal, monthly and daily weather forecasts. A mere eight farmers opted out of the service during the season and our accuracy rate was measured at 82%, as compared to the current standard of 39%.
We made it – a reliable tropical weather forecast was born!
For the first time, rural small-scale farmers in West Africa are the first clients of a major technology innovation. We like that … and we’re just getting started!